Author Topic: siginificance of gland in male chest  (Read 2466 times)

Offline sunny007

• Posting Member
is there any importance of gland in male chest ?
if not then why our brain doesn't stop this gland growth ? is because that gyno is not harmful ?
or gland is just an indication to tell us that something happening inside body,which is not normal ?

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
the gland serves absolutely no purpose in males

DrBermant

is there any importance of gland in male chest ?
if not then why our brain doesn't stop this gland growth ? is because that gyno is not harmful ?
or gland is just an indication to tell us that something happening inside body,which is not normal ?

All mammals have breast glands by definition, both male and female.  The male breast gland has no known purpose unless called into action by hormones to produce milk or shape a breast.  This can be a factor for transsexual MTF individuals.  Check out this Anatomy of the Male Breast.  When hormonal factors for gland growth are present, the gland component will grow.  Men with Excessive Fat also have breasts.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
dr b might know better than i, but based on my pre-gyne memories, i think any gland in a "normal" case was so thin as to be effectively unnoticeable before, i think it probably was little more than thin strands in just normal skin and fat and muscle.  once you notice it, with the effect of odd hormonal swings, then you're out of the natural course.  the fact is it happens, just like anything else, some irregularity is just a fact, but not as a rule. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024