Author Topic: counting down for surgery  (Read 2173 times)

Offline strato

• Posting Member
after visiting various plastic surgeons and many thanks to this forum, I have decided on my doctor and scheduled my surgery on Dec 1st. He will first do the lipo and then excision. As I am so excited and can't think of anything else nowadays, I recall some of you guys' post-op experiences which were:

- "nipples look great right after surgery but they go puffy again after some time"
OR
- "continue to have puffy nipples even after surgery but after some time they go flat and look normal"

Why do these things happen? I can understand the never ending puffiness as the doc may left excess gland inside or used only lipo. But what causes these changes in the areola during the healing process? Thank you all for your support..

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Congrats on booking your surgery!

What you speak of is swelling. Nothing to be alarmed about... ;)

All the best on the big day!

GB

Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline strato

• Posting Member
Thank you very much GB!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Offline strato

• Posting Member
Hey GB I was watching this documentary in the sticky topic where Dr Frank Lista (an you also ;)) was being interviewed. He was showing 2 of his instruments being used in the surgery to cut the gland and get it out through the same small incision he made for liposuction cannulas. That way he does not need to cut around the areolas. Can this really be done? Or did I get something wrong?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Well if the doc is saying that he can do it, I'm sure it can be done... I don't think he would make a false statement. This technique is great for those who do not want an areola scar. It would be awesome if Dr. Lista made a vid of his technique and posted on Youtube...

My surgery was done by Dr. Fielding and he used the peri-areola incision technique. I was not bothered by the thought of areola scarring. In fact, my areola scars are almost undetectable! ;)   

GB

Offline strato

• Posting Member
Yes I can tell by your pictures that it is really hard to see. I told my doctor that it means the same thing to me either to live with a gyne surgery scar or to live with the gyne itself. he says it will be barely visible and I trust him....btw thanks for your quick replies!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024