Author Topic: Surgery in 10 days  (Read 2181 times)

Offline Therealsteve

• Posting Member
So needless to say I'm pretty overwhelmed, and somewhat confused at the same time. I'm going to Dr. John Burnett in Fresno, California on December 15th 2008 to resolve what has been keeping me down for the past 9 years (I'm 19 years old right now). According to Dr. Burnett, my problem isn't so much a gyno problem, but moreso just excess skin my chest acquired when I had a huge weight loss (about 65 pounds). So for the past 6 years or so, my boobage is really of just excess skin, resulting in my areola hanging well below where it should be.

Needless to say, I'm beyond stoked that I'm having surgery. For years I've dreamed of waking up and not having these. Everyday I would look into a mirror, my consciousness of my chest would sky rocket. What could I wear to hide them? If its windy, will this shirt help against appearance? I have to say, my chest has been the pinnacle of bringing me down on what could potentially be a great day.

And now, I'm scheduled to have a male mastopexy in 10 days. We're raising the areola and getting rid of the excess skin boobage, for what I hope looks like a normal chest. We're going in with the lollipop incision in terms of scaring. Has anyone else had a similar case as me or surgery? I can use all the support I can get right now from anyone that underwent a similar procedure, or has the same sort of chest problem.

My whole procedure is $5750. I'm so stoked, but at the same time, i'm just pondering how life is going to be after a 1.5 hour surgery to confront what has afflicted my life for 9 years.

I'm very optimistic, I know that. Summer of 09 is comin' up :D

Offline noobs101

• Posting Member
Good for you brother, I wish you the best of luck and a quick recovery... soon you'll be wearing a beater walking down the street on a hot summer day!
Dr. Craig Fielding    416.766.8890    Toronto
1st consultation: Sept 15th 2008
2nd consultation: Oct 17th 2008
Surgery date: October 29th 2008
Cost for freedom $2100.

Special thanks to : Grandpa Bambu

DrBermant

So needless to say I'm pretty overwhelmed, and somewhat confused at the same time. I'm going to Dr. John Burnett in Fresno, California on December 15th 2008 to resolve what has been keeping me down for the past 9 years (I'm 19 years old right now). According to Dr. Burnett, my problem isn't so much a gyno problem, but moreso just excess skin my chest acquired when I had a huge weight loss (about 65 pounds). So for the past 6 years or so, my boobage is really of just excess skin, resulting in my areola hanging well below where it should be.

Needless to say, I'm beyond stoked that I'm having surgery. For years I've dreamed of waking up and not having these. Everyday I would look into a mirror, my consciousness of my chest would sky rocket. What could I wear to hide them? If its windy, will this shirt help against appearance? I have to say, my chest has been the pinnacle of bringing me down on what could potentially be a great day.

And now, I'm scheduled to have a male mastopexy in 10 days. We're raising the areola and getting rid of the excess skin boobage, for what I hope looks like a normal chest. We're going in with the lollipop incision in terms of scaring. Has anyone else had a similar case as me or surgery? I can use all the support I can get right now from anyone that underwent a similar procedure, or has the same sort of chest problem.

My whole procedure is $5750. I'm so stoked, but at the same time, i'm just pondering how life is going to be after a 1.5 hour surgery to confront what has afflicted my life for 9 years.

I'm very optimistic, I know that. Summer of 09 is comin' up :D

Male Mastopexy is an art form quite different than Breast Lift Mastopexy in Women.  There are many possible techniques for dealing with excess skin of the male chest.  While the "lollypop" scar may do well on a female chest, the vertical scar on the male chest does not look as natural as trying to hide the scar in the lower pectoral crease.  I use many techniques but this Skin Reduction Chest Lift is a short scar method with no extra component that disrupts the normal shapes and shadows of a male contour.  You can find several examples before and after surgery on my web pages.

Check out before and after pictures of your doctor's method if you have concerns.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia of Male Chest Ptosis - Sagging and Male Mastopexy Chest Lift Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024