Author Topic: Chest still hurts 8 YEARS after surgery  (Read 3418 times)

Offline bob123

Hi , just found the board, seems like a good place for info  ;D Anyway I had gyno surgery 8 years ago for some teen gyno that got worse.i didnt know much then and just wanted it sorted.Was referred to a Breast doc, who said it was gyno and said he could remove it.He went in under both nipples and said he removed a sizeable amount from both sides.I had a hemotoma on 1 side and a keloid scar develop on the other  ::) He drained the hemotoma and it went down but not fully.I wasnt happy with the one side and he said the body would drain it itself.Now 8 years on 1 side still sticks out more than the other and i still get a constant pain where it sticks out(around an inch around my left nipple) and the lump feels semi hard but not like gyno.What could be causing this pain??He claimed he removed all the gyno, and when i went to my gp last year he looked over the surgeons notes and said that the biopsy never even found gynomnastia/breast tissue!So now im just extremely confused.Could scar tissue be causing it?Would scar tissue last 8 years?What about hematoma/seroma?Any help would be great as id just love to get rid of the pain.

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
I think you should talk to a doc on this one.
If you have gyne, dont expect not be laughed at.

Just like if you walk into a locker room, you're gonna see some hairy asses and dicks.

Unfortunately for me, both have occured in my life way too many times.

Offline bob123

I think you should talk to a doc on this one.

Am going to, does anyone know if its possible for scar tissue to hang around that long?As from feeling it thats what it seems most likely to be and would massaging it this late in the game be beneficial?

Offline strato

• Posting Member
As far as I know the healing period of scar tissue depends on the patient but it surely does not last for 8 years. I dont think massaging it will work.

Offline bob123

Well i massaged it for around 15 min last night, was really painful, today its swollen and hurts like mad!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024