Author Topic: Very Big Breasts, Scars are a must...  (Read 2805 times)

Offline mike_12345

so i went to see a dr and he said they would make an incision around the nipple and then suck. he said there MAY be a possibility of scaring...

then i went to another dr and he said the first dr was wrong. i am too big (my breasts i mean, i have lost 50 lbs in the last 2 years) and there will def be scaring. he showed me pics (first dr did not). its was pretty crazy, i thought i was bad. anyway what the deal is, my breast are too big, so they will have to make a big cut under the breast (in the shape of a happy face, ironically) and pull out the fat/tissue.

the before and after pics were amazing. i was just curious if anyone has come across something like this, i did some looking on the site, but didnt find anything about this. anyone?

quick facts:
- i am scheduled for pre-op in 2 days and surgery in 10.
- my mom looked at this new dr. creds (she is a forensic pathologist).
- total cost $6310.00

cheers

DrBermant

so i went to see a dr and he said they would make an incision around the nipple and then suck. he said there MAY be a possibility of scaring...

then i went to another dr and he said the first dr was wrong. i am too big (my breasts i mean, i have lost 50 lbs in the last 2 years) and there will def be scaring. he showed me pics (first dr did not). its was pretty crazy, i thought i was bad. anyway what the deal is, my breast are too big, so they will have to make a big cut under the breast (in the shape of a happy face, ironically) and pull out the fat/tissue.

the before and after pics were amazing. i was just curious if anyone has come across something like this, i did some looking on the site, but didnt find anything about this. anyone?

quick facts:
- i am scheduled for pre-op in 2 days and surgery in 10.
- my mom looked at this new dr. creds (she is a forensic pathologist).
- total cost $6310.00

cheers

After Major Weight Loss skin and supporting tissues retract only so much leaving sagging and drooping.  These are usually global factors affecting most regions of the body.  For men, the sagging chest is often the biggest concern.  However, there are often issues of the stomach, thighs, buttocks, arms, and more.  While a Tummy Tuck Abdominoplasty can help with the front, a Lower Body Lift helps deal with the stomach, thighs, and buttock sagging.  Male Mastopexy Chest Lift can help with the gynecomastia and lift drooping chest tissues.  For some patients, my small incision skin reduction chest lift is an option.  Others may need excess skin under their arms and upper back addressed with an upper body lift.  However, the upper body lift scars that go around the back are a compromise factor that many seem to prefer avoiding since this is not as well hidden.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Male Mastopexy Chest Lift for Sagging Tissues

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
it's tough when the first two docs don't agree, do you have a sense one is really more experienced than the other?  dr b's observations are useful, but of course it's only a discussion in general terms without pics. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
but of course it's only a discussion in general terms without pics. 

Exactly!  Post some pics dude...

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

DrBermant

it's tough when the first two docs don't agree, do you have a sense one is really more experienced than the other?  dr b's observations are useful, but of course it's only a discussion in general terms without pics. 

There are actually many pictures for my answer, you just need to click on the links to see them!

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Plastic Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024