Author Topic: My test and estrogen levels... need ur opinion  (Read 2877 times)

Offline phxguy123

• Posting Member
My testosterone was measured at 557, and my estrogen at 47.  I'm a 27 year old male.  How would you interpret these hormone results?  I recently grew lumps beneath each breast, and they hurt.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
While each of the values given is within "Normal" range, I suspect that they may not be appropriate to your age. Your Estrogen level is not "abnormally" high, but it is above the median; Likewist your Testosterone level is not "abnormally" low, but it is below the median.

A man over the age of 60 might be expected to become Estrogen dominant to some extent. But this is not to be expected in a person your age.

You should have tests for LH and FSH as well and the test results should be taken with you to an Endocrinologist.

Each hormone does not act alone, they interact with each other. The result is like comparing a solo performance to the performance of a full orchestra. The accurate interpretation of these test results requires specialized knowledge.
Grandpa Dan

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
nothing shocking about those numbers...

paa_paw is right though, your endo needs to get a little more precise with what he/she's looking at. 'normal' might not be normal for your age.

i'd recommend having these checked as well to paint a clearer picture:
TSH
LH
FSH
free test
SHBG
prolactin

Offline phxguy123

• Posting Member
I'm going to see an endo...my general doc recommended it.

Do you think that talking to the endo about Arimidex would be reasonable?  Considering my est levels are slightly high and test lower than median...

I asked my gen doc about it, and he almost laughed thinking that I didn't need it, and they only prescribe that for people on testosterone or with high estrogen levels.  He is an HIV doc and does a lot of hormone replacement.  It's really effing annoying.  Especially considering this just developed in the past six weeks!  AUGHHHHH WTF

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
If I have reservations about a specific drug or family of drugs I mention that to my Dr. and he usually agrees to try something else. In a rare case, he explained why the particular drug was selected and I accepted his word on the matter. Other than that, I do not suggest treatment but simply let the Dr. do his job.

Offline xoxxx

• Posting Member
his free test level is pretty high..

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024