Author Topic: Compression vests. Do you think i'll need one?  (Read 3409 times)

Banobo

Hi folks i have my operation in less than 2 weeks time, lipo and gland removal and i was told by my PS that i wouldn't really need a compression vest so i thought i'd ask you guys? What do you think, worthwhile investment?

DrBermant

Hi folks i have my operation in less than 2 weeks time, lipo and gland removal and i was told by my PS that i wouldn't really need a compression vest so i thought i'd ask you guys? What do you think, worthwhile investment?

For my patients, such compression is mandatory, at least a stage one garment.  We fit each patient with both a Stage One and Second Stage garments before each surgery to protect each individual and ensure a correct fit.

Each doctor has his / her own techniques. A Compression Vest after Gynecomastia Surgery helps with Patient Comfort and minimizes swelling - bruising after gynecomastia surgery.  These results shown are typical for my techniques and my patients.

Not all doctors show what the results look like right after surgery.  Although I prescribe a strong pain medication, most of my patients tell me that plain Tylenol alone is enough for comfort.  You may want to check what that particular technique the doctor offers for comfort, swelling, bruising, and contour. 

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Banobo

Hi Dr Bermant Thanks for your input. I intend on getting one but my PS didn't seem to think i would really need one due to my gynaecomastia not being all that bad, it's very localised and due to me getting so slim and training it has really helped apart from slight buildup of fat and the gland. I would like to mention i'm getting it done through Spire healthcare and the surgeon is Cameron Raine. I live in scotland and he seemed to be more suited to this kind of thing but i'm still a little worried as up here in scotland plastic surgery isn't heard of as much compared to further south or in other countries> I wonder if you've ever heard from him or could maybe do a search and let me know if i'm worrying over nothing? Your help would be very grateful as i'm getting myself in a pickle with it being so soon till surgey date. I've put a few pics here aswell. Thanks

Banobo

Another pic, not sure how to shrink the size of them to get it all in one post sorry

Banobo

DrBermant

Hi Dr Bermant Thanks for your input. I intend on getting one but my PS didn't seem to think i would really need one due to my gynaecomastia not being all that bad, it's very localised and due to me getting so slim and training it has really helped apart from slight buildup of fat and the gland. I would like to mention i'm getting it done through Spire healthcare and the surgeon is Cameron Raine. I live in scotland and he seemed to be more suited to this kind of thing but i'm still a little worried as up here in scotland plastic surgery isn't heard of as much compared to further south or in other countries> I wonder if you've ever heard from him or could maybe do a search and let me know if i'm worrying over nothing? Your help would be very grateful as i'm getting myself in a pickle with it being so soon till surgey date. I've put a few pics here aswell. Thanks

Sorry, I do not evaluate other surgeons for patients.  However, I have posted something about how to pick your gynecomastia surgeon here:

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=16474.0

We see many UK Gynecomastia Surgery Patients who prefer my techniques.  To minimize travel, most start with our Preliminary Remote Discussion.  That is where we are glad to  review photos, a patient's history and other details to provide advice and clinical options.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Banobo

I understand that completely. I don't think anything will pose as an issue and spire healthcare are like bupa and also nationwide, with a high reputation. Think i might just be getting the pre op jitters. Am i right to think with training and keeping to a really healthy diet, overall faily slim will help the results after surgery? Thank you for your help once again

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024