Author Topic: is gyne more of a psychological problem?  (Read 5887 times)

Offline wantnewlife

• Silver Member
I came across a couple of youtube videos .. people are taking bath in waterfalls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clyYtRlM-Ig&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtGJa2NS1WU&feature=related

I wonder if these guys have gyne.. they are happily enjoying their bath in the water-falls..
Do these guys have gyne?  or is it just they are overweight?
I wonder if gyne is more of a pshychlogical problem than physical?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 11:08:34 AM by wantnewlife »

DrBermant

I came across a couple of youtube videos .. people are taking bath in waterfalls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clyYtRlM-Ig&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtGJa2NS1WU&feature=related

I wonder if these guys have gyne.. my chest looks similar to mine.. however they are happily enjoying their bath in the water-falls..
probably these guys are little overweight hence they got fat in chest?  I wonder if I have a problem? or is gyne more of an imaginary problem?
In case if you want to check-out my pictures here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36854042@N03/show/

Thanks.

The Male Pattern of Body Fat tends to put fat first on the belly and chest.  Female like breasts are part of being fat in men.  Understanding your BMI or Body Mass Index with a Calculator and Body Fat Percentage Analysis can be an important step.  Living with extra fat is not healthy.  Weight loss however, will not help with the gland component and ou cannot target where the fat comes from.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Only my personal opinion of course, But I think that many people with Gynecomastia simply ignore the condition.

So, from that viewpoint, I would respond that yes the problem is mostly psychological.

That does not mean that it is any less a problem. It troubles some men greatly while others are not troubled at all.

If it troubles you, you are fortunate to live in a time when safe effective surgery is available.
Grandpa Dan

Offline zane949

• Bronze Member
I would have to say that in my opinion yes it is mostly psychological, some people are there own worst enemies.  Changing something outside yourself doesn't change the inside, the mind will quickly find something else to dislike.  I think that is why many who have had surgery are still unhappy.  If you could train yourself to overcome gyno mentally I think that would be much more powerful than having surgery, however most of the men on this site developed gyno at a time when the mind was yet still undeveloped so the burden of past, embarrassment and feeling different is embedded in them.  For some though the surgery breathes new life into them, just think if a man was walking down the beach with man boobs so filled with confidence you would be more interested in what he has on the inside than what is on the outside, if it doesn't bother you it won't bother anyone else.

Offline wantnewlife

• Silver Member
i think surgery is essential for very severe/severe cases.. as they would have gone through a lot of teasing, embarassement due to that.. hence surgery would give them relief.. but there are mild cases where gyne is not that visible to others however they think they have it, they continuously feel bad  even though nobody seems to care about it then i think it becomes a psychological problem..

Offline dondante

• Gold Member
It's the way society looks at men breasts that causes it to be a psychological problem. Throughout history, society's prevailing tastes determined what was beautiful and what wasn't. There have been times in human history and certain societies where fat women were considered the most beautiful and sexually attractive. Today, fat women get treated for food addictions and depression.

A physical problem causes physical pain. Gyne doesn't (usually) cause physical pain - so of course it is a psychological problem. The way we perceive other's perceptions of us which undermines our own self worth.

Offline Ben2cat

• Posting Member
MIne is definently GYNO!!!!!!!!!!!
Double D at least .......
Bounce like a womans.... 2 years ago I 207 Lbs, stong, flabby but titis that hung...
now I am heavier than I have ever been and there are a ton of excuses including the antidepressant I take...
I just ant to get motivated, inspired, and move on and be happy...
Yes I have had alot of hurtful junk, that also palyed deeply into my gyno/depression......

Offline turtle78

• Posting Member
My 2 cents....

I have a fairly mild case of gyne..imo.  The right side is a bit worse than the left.  About 8 months ago I started feeling nonstop pain in both sides.  The size wasn't changing but I have been in pain everyday.  I've been through every test you can think of from bloodwork 7 times, mri, and seeing 2 endo's.  My testosterone is below normal so we're medicating for that.  Anyway, I look back at pics of me over the last 5 years.  Pics at the beach, vacations, around the house etc.  I look exactly the same now as I did then.  At those times I never heard of gyne or even realized there was a problem because I didn't have pain.  Now I'm on this site and somewhat obsessed.  I'm not a fan of having my shirt off or wearing thin shirts yet during all of those years it never crossed my mind.

Offline wantnewlife

• Silver Member
100% agree with turtle78.. even my father has mild gyne.. however he doesn't even know about gyne.. he has happily lived so far without even knowing about it.. 

Offline Noseguard

• Silver Member
  • You t*t, what's he gonna do nibble your bum?
I think that is why many who have had surgery are still unhappy

Wow, maybe for some.  Not my experience.

I have more confidence
I enjoy going out and meeting people
I enjoy showering  more
I don't fear walking by a mirror in the nude
Women flirt with me, i flirt back
I don't avoid the travel section of the sunday paper because I don't want to go to exotic places with beaches
I ride water slides at parks with my boys and have as much fun as them
My clothes feel and look great
Life has never been happier since surgery.

Just my experience

Offline nick24

• Bronze Member
For me it probably was, I had the puffy nips but it was still gyne. I probably could of taken my shirt of without people looking twice at me but since a young age it was something I wanted to hide.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
If one is not a happy person, I doubt if having surgery will change that.

If one in overly shy, I doubt if having surgery will change that either.

But, if one is usually happy, unless something brings their attention to their Gynecomastia.

And/Or

If they are normally outgoing but somewhat more modest about exposing their bodies than most people.

Then Surgery is going to give them a new sense of freedom such as they have never experienced before.

Offline zane949

• Bronze Member
good call paw paw I second that.

Offline wantnewlife

• Silver Member
.I often feel like i am abnormal due to gyne.. that's what makes me keep thinking about surgery....
also I feel guilty, worthless ..
am not sure if all ppl with gyne feel abnormal...
can gyne make you feel abnormal or guilty?? or do I have some other problem?

Offline zane949

• Bronze Member
everyone has insecurities dude no human is immune if its not your chest it would be something else your nose ear whatever.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024