Author Topic: Chest enlargement with belly fat question  (Read 1935 times)

Offline Plarkin

• Bronze Member
I once exercised and dieted myself down to a weight where my stomach is flat (163 pounds on a 5'11" frame). The MACE is still there (male chest enlargement aka gynecomastia), so I know it's gland and not going away -- even looks worse when I am that thin, which is really thin, too thin, I look anorexic, gaunt but with MACE, at that weight; I ususally weight 174-181. So, I'm having the surgery for the chest. But I know that unless I get down to real, real low weight my stomach will still have a nice fat roll, which may look even weirder with a flat chest. So, anyway to get rid of this roll without dieting like a deer and training for triathalons for the rest of my life? Is this an hormonal disposition of fat, like the MACE? It shouldn't be. So what is it? Heredity? Back luck? Not looking for a six pack, just no jelly roll.

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
Stay active, eat healthy, and masterbate. Oh wait not that last one, maybe try not sitting around to much, so yea, stay active, again.
If you have gyne, dont expect not be laughed at.

Just like if you walk into a locker room, you're gonna see some hairy asses and dicks.

Unfortunately for me, both have occured in my life way too many times.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
If you have arrived at a weight at which you are comfortable, and assuming your gyne will be gone soon (via surgery), then it is time to evaluate your abdomen.  If you pinch yourself on the side of your chest along the lower rib cage, you can get an idea of what the ideal pinch of skin and fat across your entire abdomen should be.  Now pinch the upper abdomen, lower abdomen and love handles.  If those pinches are thicker, then you might consider liposuction.  If those pinches are relatively thin, then the bulge of your abdomen may be due to fat within the abdominal cavity, which is not accessible by liposuction.  This fat can only be removed through strict diet and exercise.

No, this is not a hormonal distribution of fat -- it is a genetic propensity for men to deposit fat in these areas.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024