Author Topic: help  (Read 1488 times)

Offline rob09

hi,I'm 31 years old, had mild gyno for as long as i can remember more so on the right.Ive mostly put it at the back of my mind as Ive been almost socially inactive for the past 13 years due to other reasons.i think it has affected me more than i admitted,so came to point last year i decided to get surgery to remove it. unbelievably a few months later my right side started to itch.its sort of progressed since through diffrent stages of itchiness,tenderness and real nagging pain all the time growing,and has increased from a pea size to well over a golfball size.

after reading here at this excellent and informative forum,i realized that trying to get surgery was not the a wise option so have tried to get to the cause of these symptoms as i believe it not that common at my age.to cut a long process short,Ive seen several medical professionals in what has been a mess.two endocrinologist cant find a clear cause for this,Ive been told all along that its normal. they seem to dismiss the effect of this and only see my problems with anxiety witch are pretty evident socially.I'm aware its not the worst case in the world but if i can i want to get to the cause and resolve it stop the growth pain etc a make my life way more bearable.i went to see my gp 3 weeks ago he read the report,tamoxifen a clomiphen were suggested he decided to prescribe me 20mg tamoxifen daily.its been 20 days since Ive been on them only benefit so far is absent of the nagging irritable pain which is good but all the sensations have not gone,and I'm sure growth continues.
i have no idea what to do.what can i conclude from this,is there a chance of finding the cause,should i see another endo or is it simply idiopathic.would surgery be a consideration as there is no answer to the symptoms or signs of stableizing.i just cant live this lifestyle much longer
i would greatly appreciate some advise

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
most gyne is idiopathic, but that refers mostly to why the hormones went whack, not why you have it left.  it's common for them to stabilize again after the golfball damage is done.  

if they say they can't find a clear cause for it, that's best of all, that's what you want, it means full speed ahead.  no surprise really anyway since you're 31.  get your op, dude  :)
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline rob09

i didnt expect much reduction from taking tamoxifen, i hoped  they would stop growth and the pain.after 4 weeks the snesations are still there not so bad,but the tissue is still growing!!why would this be happening?
ive saved enough over the past year to get surgery and i need it bad, im hanging on hoping it settles down, but it keeps growing and i have no idea when itll stop.is regrowth likely in my situation when there is no clear cause for it

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
if it's increased noticeably in recent time, then that is cause for concern/caution, but that's when you should be talking to the endo. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024