Author Topic: Message for PUBERTAL GYNECOMASTIA ppl  (Read 2185 times)

Offline iwannabefree

• Bronze Member
I have noticed that there are alot of kids here who have gynecomastia in puberty. First off, good job on finding this website, its a great support network. I wish I had this source.

My message to you guys is that you have a shot at making your gynecomastia better as you come out of puberty. This can be done by increasing your testostrone levels.

LOW FAT + HIGH MUSCLE (reasonable) + HEALTHY LIFESTYLE and also talk to your parents and doctors.

the mistake that i made my puberty years was to deny the condition, put on weight and bascially put my self in a shell. The increased fat levels not only made my gynecomastia look 100% worse, but also increase estrogen --> which further reduced the chances for the condition to resolve it self naturally.

hopefully, your gyne resolves it self naturally but you should be doing all you can to make this condition better at your end.

Offline haisook

• Bronze Member
  • Hormones Deranged.
I totally agree.

I've made the same mistake; putting on weight in my teens, that is.
I'm a medical student with gynecomastia. Yeah, medical professionals get it too.

Offline theman234

• Posting Member
Uh, this is BS. I have a 20 BMI. I'm healthy, on the thin side. I have low fat, and high muscle, and i eat right. I was on track and cross country, so i was always running and working out. when i was 13-15, i was really skinny. I noticed gyne back when i was 13. Now i'm 18, and i still have it....but now it sticks out worse because i've filled out and worked on upper body. my testosterone level is normal. No amount of working out or eating right will fix your gyne if its in your genetics (which it is in mine)
Surgery Date: July 7, 2009!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
No amount of working out or eating right will fix your gyne if its in your genetics (which it is in mine)

Agree 100%....

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline iwannabefree

• Bronze Member
Uh, this is BS. I have a 20 BMI. I'm healthy, on the thin side. I have low fat, and high muscle, and i eat right. I was on track and cross country, so i was always running and working out. when i was 13-15, i was really skinny. I noticed gyne back when i was 13. Now i'm 18, and i still have it....but now it sticks out worse because i've filled out and worked on upper body. my testosterone level is normal. No amount of working out or eating right will fix your gyne if its in your genetics (which it is in mine)

I can guarentee you that you your gynecomastia would have been 1000% worse if u gained weight during those years. what i'm saying is not complete BS - 90% of pubertal gynecomastia cases resolve themselves.

and yes, at the end of the day, it comes down to your genes.

BUT, u can do everything in your power to avoid making the situation as good as possible.

CASE IN POINT: my gynecomastia has always been BAAAAD. got it when i was like 12, then gained weight through my teens steadily. gyne got bigger bigger bigger with stubborn fat in it. today, i find it nearly impossible to lose that fat and it looks so bad.

had i not gained that weight, there would have been less stobborn fat in it and my breasts would look smaller and life would be easier.

BUT YES, at the end of the day we r slave to our genes. mine and yours decided not to get rid of our gynecomastia. mine looks worse than yours though i'm sure b/c i gained fat in my teens.

Offline 854clc

• Posting Member
I agree with the OP. I got gynecomastia when I was 11/12, and throughout my teens I gained weight. I wasn't watching it...and it was partly because I thought that being fat would make my gynecomastia would look less obvious. I gained some stubborn fat in my chest. I've been dieting and exercising for the last 1-2 years (I'm 21 now), and only 1 week ago I noticed that my chest fat decreased. Yet there's still quite a bit fat in my chest. I'm no longer overweight, but I do look funny because although I don't have a big belly, my chest is still somewhat fat. So most people still think I'm overweight. And my testosterone levels are in the normal range according to the lab tests, etc - but its lower than most others who post here (and it was on the lower end of the normal range).

I really wish I took better care of myself when I was in my teens. I really wish I got the sugery sooner.

Now I'm getting the surgery, and I"m getting the rest of the fat removed via liposuction.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024