Author Topic: is gyne related to the stomach?  (Read 2050 times)

Offline biggumt

I had gyne and thought I was just fat until i found out bout it by the doctor and I had surgery to remove it. And I always had a hard stomach with hard fat which has been impossible to lose. I burn like 800 calories on the elliptical and 200 on the treadmill everyday and eat right still I have this large amount of fat on my stomach and my dad is the same. My dad has gyne and a big stomach and he eats right and exercises. every other part of the body is in good shape besides the stomach. I am begging to wonder if my stomach is impossible to lose due to a condition or something. because my dad and me had the same thing, gyne, and a stomach which is impossible to lose. its just so hard to lose it. i don't know what to do. and i'm not old. Im 18. and I know you guys think oh its ur diet and all but trust me, I eat healthy things and do eat balanced.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 04:17:54 AM by biggumt »

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
You have not given your weight and height, so a healthy diet and exercise only tell a part of the story. Total intake and BMI would tell more.

It is entirely possible that you have inherited your body type from your father. It is also possible that you may have learned some bad eating habits from him.

I consumed a very good diet myself, except that I simply consumed too much. Weight control for me was not as much a matter of what I ate as much as control of portion size. Dressings and sauces can quickly run up the calorie count of an otherwise well balanced meal. Other factors enter into the overall picture as well, a person who skips breakfast is actually more likely to be overweight for example than a person who never misses a meal.
Grandpa Dan

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
what he said. 

i am not a doc, but it sounds unlikely on its face.  fat does not normally localize to just one area instead of the whole body, even if some places hold it more than others.  gyne is the exception where the body says it has to hold it no matter what the weight loss is everywhere else. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024