Author Topic: surgery cost for typical gyno?  (Read 9431 times)

Offline meangyne

• We live as we dream, alone.
Hello everyone and thanks for having me at this forum. Could some people give me insight on payment for gyno surgery? I am a 20 yr old college student who has moderate gyno since I was 11. (Ever since then I havent been able to swim in public, take my shirt off etc, FOR 9 YRS.) Its time for a change!!! How much did your surgery cost and how did you pay for it, ie, credit cards, savings, ?? Thanks for all the information.     :)[/size]newbie question
So I told my boss I came down with a bad case of anal glaucoma, he asked "What the hell is that!" I said, "I DONT SEE MY A** COMMING INTO WORK TODAY."

Offline usernameX

• Gold Member
Really depends. If your not getting any coverage by insurance an approximate price is about 5 k.
Had surgery with Dr. J.C. Fielding on August 2nd.

Offline rcbrown23

Offline wolfman

• keep fighting my friends
in Sweden it cost about 3000$ and i took a loan at the bank. that was the best investment i have ever made in my life

Good Luck Henrik ;)
i finally feel like im a man

Offline usernameX

• Gold Member
It also depends on what is being done to you. If you are skinny and have mainly gland in your chest, that will lower your price because the lipo is about 1000-1200

Offline meangyne

I do not have allot of extra fat that needs lypo, however I might have the right insurance, Since I'm a student I get insurance through my parents.

What specific things should I look for on my insurance card for coverage? I thought most insurance companies don’t cover gyno surgery because its considered cosmetic ( and not important!)

Offline rcbrown23

I do not have allot of extra fat that needs lypo, however I might have the right insurance, Since I'm a student I get insurance through my parents.

What specific things should I look for on my insurance card for coverage? I thought most insurance companies don’t cover gyno surgery because its considered cosmetic ( and not important!)

The best way that I've seen for insurance to cover it is if you get a note from your regular doctor saying that it is neccessary. Tell your doctor that they are constantly sore and therefore effect your way of life. Get a note from him saying that it needs to be removed. Give that to your insurance. Cross your fingers.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2005, 09:01:50 AM by rcbrown23 »

Offline tammyvivi

• Posting Member
  • I am my son's advocate.
Good luck on the insurance thing.  I just got done fighting for coverage by my insurance for my son's surgery and they would not do it regardless of the letters written by 3 DOCS as to the medical necessity of the procedure for him!   >:(

I did find that cost is totally dependent on whether a general surgeon is doing the job or a plastic surgeon.  I also found that some plastic surgeons offer resources for financing during the consultation.  :-/

Offline aux513s

• Silver Member
Surgery has to cost a lot.

You see doctors, especially plastic surgeons, do lots of cocaine. This is a statisical fact. And as you might know cocaine is an expensive habit.

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
I agree with Brown.  I don't really believe in being dishonest (especially with the anesthesiologist), but brown brings up a good point.  If they're constantly sore and causing pain, then they're a medical problem that needs to be treated.

Hey Wolfman - Is it true that about 90% of the women in Sweden are natural blondes?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2005, 11:04:42 AM by jc71 »

Offline jlee

my gynecomastia surgery cost around 4800 dollars. insurance refused tto cover it. i had to get a loan to pay for it.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
My PS said the total cost of my surgery ( excision and lipo ) was $5000 (CND). However here in Ontario, the government funded health insurance plan ( O.H.I.P. ) paid for everything except the Lipo portion of the proceedure. I had to pay for the Lipo which was $1280 (inlc tax). Yep..... Canada is a great place to live!  ;)

John.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2005, 06:37:50 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline jonQ

• Gold Member
  • wish it was gone ... bye - bye
Like bambu, I had surgery with the good doc Fielding,my cost was 1070$,oh canada!
had the surgery done,now i'm gynecomastia-less

Offline abcde

• Posting Member
Does anyone know of any other surgeons in VA other than Dr.Bermant?

Offline meangyne

Thanks for all your feedback people. I really would like to move to Canada : ) however I live in the south so it would be a long flight. I am going to tell my doc I have so much pain all the time from by breasts. Maybe that will work on my insurance, i will keep u updated.  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024