Author Topic: Bad Surgery  (Read 7101 times)

Offline dan2866

• Posting Member
Hello,

I had plastic surgery for gynecomastia 10 or 11 years ago at Maricopa County Hospital from a plastic surgeon who was with the Mayo Clinic. I had just turned 17 at the time and only my right breast was really big for about two years.  I had hid it for two years by wearing extra large shirts and never going swimming. My family didn't even notice until one day I showed a doctor.

I have still avoided taking my shirt off for the last ten years because I feel the doctor took too much tissue away. For example, if I raise my right arm above my head my right nipple caves in a little and there is no fat between the nipple and my rib cage. It looks better when my right arm is to my side, but it still does not have the same shape as my left breast.

I wish I would have gotten my medical records along with my before and after pictures. I don't even know who did the surgery. I am assuming the hospital wouldn't have my records after all these years.

I don't have a camera or I would have posted some pictures. But I guess my question is can anything be done after too much fat is taken away. I would have preferred the doctor to err on the side of caution and leave too much fat rather than take too much tissue. I am guessing I am out of luck and should just accept the way I look. We all get old and ugly anyways I suppose. :-[

Dan

DrBermant

Hello,

I had plastic surgery for gynecomastia 10 or 11 years ago at Maricopa County Hospital from a plastic surgeon who was with the Mayo Clinic. I had just turned 17 at the time and only my right breast was really big for about two years.  I had hid it for two years by wearing extra large shirts and never going swimming. My family didn't even notice until one day I showed a doctor.

I have still avoided taking my shirt off for the last ten years because I feel the doctor took too much tissue away. For example, if I raise my right arm above my head my right nipple caves in a little and there is no fat between the nipple and my rib cage. It looks better when my right arm is to my side, but it still does not have the same shape as my left breast.

I wish I would have gotten my medical records along with my before and after pictures. I don't even know who did the surgery. I am assuming the hospital wouldn't have my records after all these years.

I don't have a camera or I would have posted some pictures. But I guess my question is can anything be done after too much fat is taken away. I would have preferred the doctor to err on the side of caution and leave too much fat rather than take too much tissue. I am guessing I am out of luck and should just accept the way I look. We all get old and ugly anyways I suppose. :-[
Dan

If you have all of the fat removed, skin adhesion looks terrible.   I see many patients from other doctors with horrible crater defects with nothing left under the skin. Check out this crater deformity. after multiple liposuction operations.  Here is another patient with bad adhesions after multiple liposuction sessions by another doctor.  I have seen patients with such defects balloon out in surrounding regions as weight is gained - remaining cells elsewhere can still put on more fat.  The increased surrounding fat deepens the crater deformities.

I have also seen a few patients who have been able to minimize their deformities by lowering their total body fat to extremely low levels.  Such low body fat levels can be healthy but not all feel comfortable at that amount of total body fat.  The adhesions were still present and the defects really showed up on animation / motion.

It is easier to take away than put back.  Secondary surgery can help with localized tissues.  Such issues are better described with standardized photographs and explored during consultations or preliminary remote discussions.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Dan....

Let me say this.... what's worse, having moobs ( or moob in your case ) or having a nipple/areola that is slightly concave? I would take the concave nipple/areola over moobs any day  ;). You have to have 'realistic expectations' when you have Gyne surgery. More than likely, your operation results will not be 100% perfect.

My LHS nipple/areola is slightly concave just like your RHS. I'd rather that than have a set of 'D' cup jugs bouncing around.  :P

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Bambu - i was looking at your latest pics.  now that you've had surgery, do you find yourself standing with your shoulders back?

You look like your back is really straight.  

Or is that your posture for posing for pictures? :P

Either way, you're coming along good.   :)

dan2866 - sorry for using your thread to ask a different question.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2005, 08:53:41 AM by jc71 »

Offline dan2866

• Posting Member
Hello again,

Yeah, my chest might not look too bad and I could still have some carry over effects from the two years of hiding my chest when I was younger during my Gynecomastia period. What I am trying to say is I am open to the possibility that I might have some body dysmorphic disorder elements going on.

I think I am going to pick up and buy a digital camera this week. And then I will post some pictures of my chest. I think it might be helpful to get some honest feed back so I can decide whether I have irrational thoughts in my head about my body image.

I would appreciate feedback after I get around to posting some pictures.

Thanks.

Dan

Offline dan2866

• Posting Member
I took some pictures with a camera.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dantatum26/album?.dir=/4f30&.src=ph

I know the doctor took too much from my right breast. I just don't know if I am overacting and stressing out too much about it. I know it is better than before the surgery. Before the surgery my right breast was huge like a womens breast.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

U look okay to me Dude!

Try not to stress too much and relax!  ;)

John.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2005, 05:00:48 PM by Bambu »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Bambu - i was looking at your latest pics.  now that you've had surgery, do you find yourself standing with your shoulders back?

You look like your back is really straight.  

Or is that your posture for posing for pictures? :P

Yeah, I'm purposely standing very straight but I'm doing that more and more (other than for pics) now that I don't have to slouch my shoulders. When I catch my self slouching, I think, 'Hey, I don't have to do this anymore!'. Then I stand tall and proud with chest way out! ;)

What a difference it makes in posture huh? Check out my Feb 18th pics compared to my June 16th pics ( esp. the RHS shots ). Loosing 30 pounds and most of the beer gut helps with the posture also. I am going to loose another 20 lbs. My legs (thighs mainly) are flabby. Will have to pay more attention to them at the gym.

John out....

« Last Edit: June 19, 2005, 05:38:38 PM by Bambu »

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Carefully re-read the reply from Jeff138 about twenty times.

Then Quit being obsessive about your chest and go to a swimming pool or the beach.  When you get there, take off your shirt.  Be careful not to get a sunburn, you are quite light.

I'm sure you have much more important things to fret and stew over than your chest.

Grandpa Dan

Offline dan2866

• Posting Member
Thanks for the feedback,

Yeah, I think a lot of it is psychological. There is probably also a carry over effect from hiding my chest for a couple of years before I had the surgery. I am also use to looking down at my chest from a few inches away. Maybe I made the mistake of expecting perfection.

I will do my best to not be so obsessive and not think about it anymore.

Thank you for the feedback.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2005, 06:41:22 AM by dan2866 »

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
I think you look absolutely fine. And this is coming from a guy who has an eager eye for a bad male chest.

:o
etc.

Offline mannyman742

• Silver Member
Two things I am really sorry for:
The way this thread has strayed too far away from dan2866's original intent. Sorry.

And the other: That the mentally retarded are allowed on this message board.
What exactly were you striving for when you mentioned that you came 4th place in a body building competition, that wasn't officiated? You are depressing.

Sorry Dan
« Last Edit: June 21, 2005, 07:29:12 PM by mannyman742 »

Offline mannyman742

• Silver Member
How was it a burn if I am not offended? I started that thread because I was researching very fit males with hints of gyne. I think the man is burning himself, because obviously he is a very lonely, depressed man with no life prospects other than taunting people on a male body condition message board meant for support for those with gynecomastia.

Offline milk_caps

• Posting Member
How was it a burn if I am not offended? I started that thread because I was researching very fit males with hints of gyne. I think the man is burning himself, because obviously he is a very lonely, depressed man with no life prospects other than taunting people on a male body condition message board meant for support for those with gynecomastia.

bro' after seeing those pics-- everybody is offended

just relax, i wasn't attacking you.....

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
I took some pictures with a camera.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dantatum26/album?.dir=/4f30&.src=ph

I know the doctor took too much from my right breast. I just don't know if I am overacting and stressing out too much about it. I know it is better than before the surgery. Before the surgery my right breast was huge like a womens breast.

Bro, if you think you have a problem then it is all in your head. You look GREAT!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024