Author Topic: question regarding gyno along with clomid, steroids, weed, and low test  (Read 4329 times)

Offline curiousking

Hello, first time on here but very interesting to say the least. I have talked to doctors previously but quickly realized majority of them are just trying to make money like everyone else in this world. I played baseball in college and took steroids which I regret due to gyno, and low t. I am now 24 years old, havent taking juice since 21 or possibly 20. I found out my testosterone level was the same as a 60 year old man and gyno was due to this. Doc put me on testim, and I dont even know if that was smart honestly. I always knew after a cycle to take clomid(nolvadex) to kick your system back in gear, but sometimes Hard to get a hold of, I rarely did.

My Questions: I am afraid taking testim at this young age might not be healthy for me and my gyno? Also will it increase or decrease my gyno? Also wondering if I do take a clomid will it help or worsen? Lastly, it sounds like surgery might be where I am headed, but mine is due solely from steroids and want to see if that changes any advice. By the way, I am 5"8 maybe 5"9 160 to 165 and never work out but in good shape, and also smoke weed regularly. The gyno is not terrible but just enough to make me feel insecure every now and then.....Also do not give me advice on the marijuana...I am well aware of its negative and positive side effects, thanks guys

DrBermant

Hello, first time on here but very interesting to say the least. I have talked to doctors previously but quickly realized majority of them are just trying to make money like everyone else in this world. I played baseball in college and took steroids which I regret due to gyno, and low t. I am now 24 years old, havent taking juice since 21 or possibly 20. I found out my testosterone level was the same as a 60 year old man and gyno was due to this. Doc put me on testim, and I dont even know if that was smart honestly. I always knew after a cycle to take clomid(nolvadex) to kick your system back in gear, but sometimes Hard to get a hold of, I rarely did.

My Questions: I am afraid taking testim at this young age might not be healthy for me and my gyno? Also will it increase or decrease my gyno? Also wondering if I do take a clomid will it help or worsen? Lastly, it sounds like surgery might be where I am headed, but mine is due solely from steroids and want to see if that changes any advice. By the way, I am 5"8 maybe 5"9 160 to 165 and never work out but in good shape, and also smoke weed regularly. The gyno is not terrible but just enough to make me feel insecure every now and then.....Also do not give me advice on the marijuana...I am well aware of its negative and positive side effects, thanks guys

Exogenous testosterone will suppress the body's own system for making testosterone making therapy lifelong. Such issues should not be taken lightly and always best under the care of an experienced Endocrinologist. Low Testosterone can be one of the many Causes of Gynecomastia that with appropriate therapy stabilize the condition and minimize further growth.  Getting testosterone levels back to normal can make other major changes like clearer thinking, better libido, energy, and many other changes. For those who really need this treatment, I have seen remarkable changes, really worth the lifelong replacement needs.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Taking steroids and then other drugs to counter-act the side effects of the steroids is, at the very least, unwise.  The human endocrine system is sensitive and complex -- even endocrinologists have a tough time keeping patient's hormone levels in the proper range.  Imagine taking hormones without a physician's supervision (with appropriate blood tests to check levels) and you are a setup for problems.  The gyne that you have is probably, in no small part, due to you steroid intake.  In my experience, it will not disappear spontaneously and will require surgery to remove it.

As to your present status, I would certainly make sure you are with the right physician (an endocrinologist) before embarking on a possible life-long use of testosterone treatment.  While your testosterone should be brought to normal levels for your age, there are several ways to achieve this -- all better explored with an expert in the field.

Once your hormone levels are stable (probably for at least six months), you may consider gyne surgery if it still bothers you.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024