Author Topic: Can I please get your opinions? Link with pics included  (Read 2652 times)

Offline rex

I posted this a couple of weeks ago, but could not post a link with pics until now...  hope it works
and i look forward to all of your comments.  Thank you in advance.

Hello Everyone,
im fairly new to this forum, but i have found it extremely informative and helpful...

I was hoping i can get opinions on my case:

I am in my mid twenties, am 5'8" and 140lbs.
I am very active and have recently lost 20lbs.   One thing I can advise to anyone reading this is that losing
weight really does help minimize the gyne appearance.  I used it as motivation to lose weight and have lost 20 lbs in the last 7 months.
I went in for a consultation with a ps (a very good ps), and he said that I honestly did not need to get the procedure done.  He said that my chest already looked like one of his post op patients and in some cases even better.   He said if i worked on toning the pecs, they would
look even better.   I have to say, it surprised me, but im happy he was being honest with me.

My only issue is that I know my left side is slightly bigger than my right side.  If both sides were the same size as my right side,
i would have absolutely no problem, but they are not.  I have also read on these forums that many guys have puffy nipples and hard glands
behind the nipples.  I can honestly say that i have never had puffy nipples and i cant feel hard glands behind them.  The ps said that was because
my case was mostly fat and since i lost some weight, it made a physical appearance improvement.   I guess i can try to tone the pec area to get more definition, but i am wondering if anyone here has ever gotten the gyne procedure done on just one side of the chest?  Im assuming it would cost less and be under local anesthesia and the recovery period would be way less and not as harsh.  Also the plastic surgeon said that if he went ahead and did the procedure, there wouldnt be much of an improvement.  Has anyone been in my position and gotten the procedure done?  or have you tried to tone the pecs and have them turn out fine?

here is a link of my pics: http://profile.imageshack.us/user/rex1/
thank you for your feedback.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I would agree with your surgeon.

Before you get it into your mind that all is helpless, I have an exercise for you.

Find a photograph of someone you think is really very good looking. This can be a male or female but it is best if the photo is a perfectly straight on frontal view.

Measure the size of each Eye. They are rarely the same if you really look closely.

Measure each ear from top to bottom. Like the eyes,  they are going to differ.

Using a straightedge, Draw horizontal lines across the top of both ears, Across the Bottom of both ears, Through the center of both eyes. Throught the lip line. Now measure carefully. Are any of the lines truly parallel?

We could go on, but by this time you should have a pretty good idea of what I'm trying to get at. We are not symetrical. It is actually the variations that cause us each to have an appearance that is unique.

You could take this to any degree you like and you will continue to find that variation is the rule rather than the exception. Our feet are not exactly the same size either.

Years ago I knew of an art class that had a favorite Model for drawing. This man had a face that was almost perfectly symetrical. He was one of the homeliest people I have ever known. 
Grandpa Dan

DrBermant

I posted this a couple of weeks ago, but could not post a link with pics until now...  hope it works
and i look forward to all of your comments.  Thank you in advance.

Hello Everyone,
im fairly new to this forum, but i have found it extremely informative and helpful...

I was hoping i can get opinions on my case:

I am in my mid twenties, am 5'8" and 140lbs.
I am very active and have recently lost 20lbs.   One thing I can advise to anyone reading this is that losing
weight really does help minimize the gyne appearance.  I used it as motivation to lose weight and have lost 20 lbs in the last 7 months.
I went in for a consultation with a ps (a very good ps), and he said that I honestly did not need to get the procedure done.  He said that my chest already looked like one of his post op patients and in some cases even better.   He said if i worked on toning the pecs, they would
look even better.   I have to say, it surprised me, but im happy he was being honest with me.

My only issue is that I know my left side is slightly bigger than my right side.  If both sides were the same size as my right side,
i would have absolutely no problem, but they are not.  I have also read on these forums that many guys have puffy nipples and hard glands
behind the nipples.  I can honestly say that i have never had puffy nipples and i cant feel hard glands behind them.  The ps said that was because
my case was mostly fat and since i lost some weight, it made a physical appearance improvement.   I guess i can try to tone the pec area to get more definition, but i am wondering if anyone here has ever gotten the gyne procedure done on just one side of the chest?  Im assuming it would cost less and be under local anesthesia and the recovery period would be way less and not as harsh.  Also the plastic surgeon said that if he went ahead and did the procedure, there wouldnt be much of an improvement.  Has anyone been in my position and gotten the procedure done?  or have you tried to tone the pecs and have them turn out fine?

here is a link of my pics: http://profile.imageshack.us/user/rex1/
thank you for your feedback.

Your non-standard views make assessment of asymmetry impossible.  When one arm is away from the chest holding a camera, that alone distorts the body.  After weight loss loose skin can be a factor. Standard Pictures to Evaluate Gynecomastia After Weight Loss can better help others better understand your concerns.  The bending over views tend to show any loose skin involvement.

One Sided or Unilateral Gynecomastia Surgery is possible. However, most have Uneven Gynecomastia.

Subtle gynecomastia may or may not need to be contoured with surgery.  Sometimes leaving it alone is better. Sometimes some surgical refining can make a world of difference.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024