Author Topic: underworks 997 post-op  (Read 3203 times)

Offline a-man

• Silver Member
  • Gyne free!
My PS supplied me with a compression vest and he said to wear it for 6 weeks 24/7. Thing is, I REALLY don't think I will need to wear it for that long (my body is healing very nicely, no swelling/bruising), and this thing is very tight and bulky.

Do you think I would be able to get away with wearing this vest 24/7 for the first two weeks and then wearing the underworks 997 for another two weeks after?

Offline emil

• Posting Member
I think you will find the underworks to have a lot more compression.  The reason you probably shouldn't use it earlier than 10 days-14 days is that it is a b*tch to take off when you are sore.

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
Do what your surgeon tells you. It's that simple. He / she's qualified, you aren't.

I had to wear a vest 24/7 for 3 weeks and then at night for 3 weeks. It wasn't fun, but they were doctor's orders, probably for a reason.

I know nukem's doctor says you need only wear a vest for 1 week, but everyone is different, so I think it's best to just do what your surgeon says.
etc.

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
I will say it is a good idea to do what your doc tells you, but I also agree about how fucking aggravating those vests are.  I thought about wearing my 997 instead but I could barely put on a button up shirt, let alone a 997 underworks comp. shirt.

I'd say you should be ok just wearing the vest for a week or two, but that's just me.  My chest does have rough healing tissue underneath the skin, but that sort of thing is expected and will go away in the coming months, I'm told.
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline a-man

• Silver Member
  • Gyne free!
Do what your surgeon tells you. It's that simple. He / she's qualified, you aren't.

I don't think it's quite that simple... I am in my early 20's... very physically fit, and my body is healing excellently... my PS as a general rule says to wear the vest for 6 weeks

If a man in his 40's, very unfit, went in for identical surgery, he would still say to wear the vest for 6 weeks. It is just his general rule and obviously can be adapted for different people.

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
But the point is, your surgeon will be aware of the fact that you're a fit 20ish year old - only he is qualified to decide.

Raise your concern with him. Do not do anything on the back of what we say / you feel.

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
My PS supplied me with a compression vest and he said to wear it for 6 weeks 24/7. Thing is, I REALLY don't think I will need to wear it for that long (my body is healing very nicely, no swelling/bruising), and this thing is very tight and bulky.

Do you think I would be able to get away with wearing this vest 24/7 for the first two weeks and then wearing the underworks 997 for another two weeks after?

I always think it's best to do what your dr. says.  If things don't go well, you can go back to him and ask what went wrong.  If you don't do as he says and things don't turn out, he's going to say, see, you should have listened to me.

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
I think you will find the underworks to have a lot more compression.  The reason you probably shouldn't use it earlier than 10 days-14 days is that it is a b*tch to take off when you are sore.

The 990 is better for post-op use.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024