Author Topic: Underarmour post op?  (Read 3186 times)

Offline dps

• Bronze Member
  • gyne free since july 2005 :D
Hey guys just wondering if underarmour is an effective alternative to a compression vest post op. My doctor says I do not need a compression garment and should be ok with just a tensor bandage but I would feel a little more comfortable with the added support.

Thanks.
[ photos ] :: [ diary ]

Offline NoMoreBoobies

• Posting Member
I had my surgery today, and my doctor said the same thing about the underarmor.  right now I just have bandage really tight across my chest and it is working just fine and giving alot of compression

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
A compression vest is definitely necessary for post-op healing.  I wore mine for the first seven days post-op.  My PS explained to me that it takes one's skin roughly a week to adhere to the newly formed tissue underneath the skin.  Compression also helps to prevent swelling.

I strongly recommend looking at the underworks.com products, namely the 990.

http://www.underworks.com/990.html

As for the Underarmor, I do not feel that they would provide an adequate amount of compression, at least when compared with a real compression vest like the 990.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2005, 11:48:58 PM by nukem2k5 »
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline NoMoreBoobies

• Posting Member
I'm just going to keep using bandages for the next 2 weeks.  I have no swelling, didn't have tubes and everything feels great.  I have someone to re-wrap me every morining so I don't care.  I tried on a vest and this way actually provides alot more needed compression directly to chest and isn't bulky and uncomfortable to wear.  I can have the bandages putting as much or as little pressure as I want.

Offline a-man

• Silver Member
  • Gyne free!
My doc suggested I wear the vest for 6 weeks, but my plan is to ditch it after 2 weeks and switch to an underworks 997 vest.

I am 8 days post op now and have no visible swelling, and all bruising is gone. I had PAL (power assisted liposuction) only (500cc's from each side removed), and PAL is supposedly less traumatic to the body, so you heal faster.

Offline dps

• Bronze Member
Do you wear the vest 24/7?

Offline a-man

• Silver Member
  • Gyne free!
i have been wearing my vest 24/7... well i take it off for less than an hour every day to shower.. but thats it

Offline dps

• Bronze Member

I strongly recommend looking at the underworks.com products, namely the 990.

http://www.underworks.com/990.html

Does the 990 have openings on the front? If so is it velcro or hooks?

Thanks.

Offline Zardoz

• Silver Member
  • exciting
I took my foam off on day 3, I'm just wearing tight tensor bandages that I wrap myself. My P.S. Dr. Fielding told me that the bandages are only there to "prevent swelling". He knew I took the foam off and didn't get mad at all. He just guessed that it fell of because of my hairy chest.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024