Author Topic: Is draining needed for gland excision only?  (Read 2405 times)

Offline puffynips0-

• Bronze Member
I didn't have any lipo.  I only had gland excision, but almost 1-week post op now, and it feels like the fluid in my breasts is building.  They feel like water balloons.  :o

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
Call your PS and tell him that.  I never had much fluid build-up, but it really depends on the person and the amount of compression during post-op healing.

If they feel like water balloons, definitely call him and ask about drains ASAP.
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline allbah

• Bronze Member
I agree with nukem.
after my first surgery (excission only) I had drains for 48 hrs. after removing the drains fliud built up again and I needed simple needle aspiration that took 5 minutes and is almost painless.
I think your PS will try aspiration with a needle and a syringe first atleast once, then he/she would decide if a drain is needed.
Fluid can build up iafter excession or lipo. this fluid could be hematoma (blood from blood vessels ruptured during surgery), seroma (benign fluid that is part of healing) or lymph (fluid leaking from ruptured lymphatics which is rich in defence cells and cholesterol) or finally fluid in the tissue that we call oedema (this cant be removed but resolve spontaneously or with non steroidal anti inflammtory drugs. all are simple and easily managable. no need to worry at all.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2005, 08:50:16 AM by allbah »
one can never prepare to win a war, but one can prepare not to be defeated.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024