Author Topic: Hair loss treatment that wont worsen gyno  (Read 3623 times)

Offline Jag

I know that alot of hairloss treatments alter hormones and some are known to cause gyno (like propecia) .  What is the best product to use that won't have a risk of worsening my gyno.  (I'm young (21)and noticing my hairline receeding and want to slow down the process...so its not like i'm dealing w/ major baldness here>)

Gine2D

Do some research on the side effects other than gyne.

Most seem to kill the sexual desire & it may take a long time to get it back.  Some the different products reduce the amount of testosterone available.

Also research SSRI side effects.  Groups are on Yahoo

Many have decided to have sex & less hair.  But to each his own.

Offline Jag

I'm not worried about other side effects at the moment, i just want to find a product that wont potentially worsen my gyne

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The person who actually finds what you are seeking could become very wealthy.

It is called male pattern baldness,  accept that or get transplants.

Grandpa Dan

Offline Jag

shit, so theres no such thing as a hairloss treatment that wont worsen gyne?  

Offline laurier

• Posting Member
Well there's Minoxidil (better known as Rogaine), that won't worsen gyno.  But it also will do nothing to reduce DHT, the major cause of male pattern baldness.  Minoxidil prolongs the growth cycle and encourages recently lost hairs to grow again, and can thicken existing hairs.  But you will continue to lose hair to DHT.

There are other topical treatments.  I suggest you check out www.hairlosshelp.com, it is an excellent site.  Beware of certain topicals that people say will not worsen gyno, however, like Spironolactone, which I believe made my gyno hurt and worsen.  There's a topical called Revivogen, though, with all natural ingredients, that's one option.  Anyway, head over there and ask some questions, there are some real experts.  That being said, there are a lot of people there who will just talk, so try to get an answer from posters named PeterMac and Farrel.

Best of luck.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The important lesson is that every thing we use has both desired effects and undesireable side effects.

We each must develop our oun list of priorities and go from there.  I recently had to stop using a very good and effective arthritis medication because it causes my hands and feet to itch and swell.  

Life is a gamble.

Sometimes the only way to win is not to play.

Offline mustang26

• Bronze Member
Well put paa_paw.  

You need to make a decision as to what is important to you.  I take propecia b/c i would actually rather have gyn then lose my hair.  Gyn can be covered more then a bald head.

The way i saw it was that i always had gyn.  So my options were either to have gyn and be bald OR to have a little worse gyn and have all my hair.  I chose the latter.

I guess when it comes down to it.....either way i am bound for surgery!!! =)

Good luck

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024