Author Topic: Surgery or not?  (Read 8717 times)

Offline wordtothat

• Posting Member
Well I went to go see Dr. Anthony Youn(www.beverlyhillsbeauty.com) He was in an episode of Dr. 90210.

Well he basically said i have such a mild case its probably not worth having surgery because i coudl be worse of with a scar then what i have. However as we all know..emotionally there is no such thing as a mild case. I cant where any of my Abercrombie shirts anymore without seeing the nipples puffed out.

Surgery will be 3500 including hospital and all that. I am kinda confused on whether he is good or not. But i mean...i dunno he was on the show and seems pretty experienced.

I took 2 tubes of andractim and it did very little.

So here are my choices and please help me decide..

1. Get the surgery
2. Buy another 2 tubes of andractim and see if that makes the difference.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2005, 07:55:27 PM by wordtothat »

Offline basics

• Posting Member
man that pretty much looks like mine

guess im a mild case as well

im getting the surgery though

i feel your pain on not being able to wear whatever shirts you want

also not wanting to take your shirt off at the beach, in front of girls ect

it's all worth it to me

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
There are many young men who post here who would be overjoyed to look that good after surgery.

There is a strong mindset currently to try and make ourselves over to fit some kind of physical ideal.  There ideals do not live in reality, but in our imaginations.  This is a trap which deprives many of us of our self pride and good self image.  I think you have fallen into this trap.

See another Doctor, and get his/her opinion.  This person need not be a surgeon and perhaps it would be best if it is not a surgeon.  You are simply looking for an impartial opinion  So a Doctor who has nothing either to gain or lose as a result of their opinion would be best.

Then, you can make a more informed decision on your own.

The pictures do indicate a very minor breast contouring, But if we apply a broad definition to Gynecomastia, 2/3 of all males have it.  You are not alone.

I saw no indication of your age, That too would influence your final decision.

Good Luck.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Spleen

If andractim hasn't made much of an improvement to this point I'm not sure why you think continuing it would be to your benefit.

You have a mild case and could see an improvement with surgery.  You have to do your homework and be prepared for the stuff you can't avoid (like a scar) as well as complications or a les than "perfect" outcome.  It's surgery, and while it's frequently successful it does have its risks, so be informed and prepared.

Still, your case is mild enough that you really ought not let it mess with your head.  Surgery or not, don't allow yourself to feel inferior over something so small in the grand scheme of things.

Offline gynosucks1

• Gold Member
best drug cure for gyno right now is raloxifene (serm)

stacked with a suicdie inhibitor...

rebound xt seems to be the preference.

seems to be working pretty much for everyone to some degree.

raloxifene in a couple clinical studies had all patients be respondoers.  70%-100% shrinkage of the gland was seen.  

Offline wordtothat

• Posting Member
Gynosucks1, Ive read some of ur posts and would really like to talk to you about raloxifene. I decided that i am going to try this and then take it from there. I am going to message you my email and AIM screenname, id appreaciate it if you got a hold of me asap, thanks.

Offline ItsOK

• Bronze Member
  • Glorp.
I am impressed that the surgeon you saw was honest enough to tell you that you may not see a net gain from surgery.  If you don't believe him, the consider the advice that you get a second opinion from someone else.  My suggestion, which will no doubt get me flamed here, is that you seek out a competent therapist who can help you build your self esteem.

There are many men who have put huge efforts into shaping their body to look as well as yours already does, and failed.  You've got nothing to be ashamed of.  There IS a down side to surgery, and you should thank the doctor for pointing it out to you.

Offline wordtothat

• Posting Member
Ehh i dont think i have self esteem issues. I go to the gym 6 days a week and am content with my results however i hate the fact that i cant wear the shirts i like.

Offline gynosucks1

• Gold Member
Ehh i dont think i have self esteem issues. I go to the gym 6 days a week and am content with my results however i hate the fact that i cant wear the shirts i like.

ohh, i added u to aim.  ya i'm like the drug guru in terms of gyno.. pretty sure i know everything out there that works.

sorry it took a while, didn't check my message.

i know exactly how u feel.  there's nothing wrong with wanting to improve yourself.  people go and lose weight, they go the gym build muscles.. they put shit in their hair to make them look better

i see nothing wrong with u wanting to change ur chest a little bit.

defintly surgery not worth it for u.. but there's tons of things u can do outside surgery that will help.

ill mssg u next time ur on

Offline turfpro

• Posting Member
You are close enough to Dr. Schafer, He will give you a free consultation and let you look at his pictures of before and afters. He goes in under the arm and uses a type of lypo suction.  No scar on your chest. I still have a little puffy to the nipples but most of the bulk that was really starting to bother me is gone. And I love to wear tight shirts now,  ;D Im pretty happy with my results.

http://www.sandiegolipo.com/pages/thank.htm

And heres my before and afters, I think Im even happyer after I go back and look at the before pics. :o
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/turfpro01@sbcglobal.net/album?.dir=/4f14&.src=ph
« Last Edit: August 17, 2005, 02:50:16 PM by turfpro »

Offline wordtothat

• Posting Member
Not close at all, i live in MI. The doctor i went to see is also in MI.

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
I don't see what the docs concern is. You look like a perfect candidate for excision of the gland.

Get another opinion.

Offline wordtothat

• Posting Member
Gynosucks1.......IM WAITING!! Ha man I wanna talk to u to figure out what to order and how much i should order. Im moving away to school on saturday and prob wont have internet access till me and my roomates get our shit together...thanks

Offline chris89

As far as I can tell the first picture looks damn good dude.  Is that after?  And as the pics go down they get noticeably worse.  I can tell a pretty solid difference.  We should all understand that sure our brains could be sending adequate signals to the testicles to produce testosterone.  However the only reason why males get deficient in testosterone is from poor liver health.  The liver decides to activate or deactivate free hormones.  If you don't have a tumor in your brain or a testicle abnormality you problems lie within your liver.  As most of us live in the United States we are absorbing catastrophic amounts of environmental toxins.  Eat processed bread and soda will make your gyno worse.  The liver uses sex hormone binding globulin to attach to any type of hormone and deactivates it.  It does this once the liver starts to become unhealthy.  So, it would be wise to change your lifestyle.  Stop drinking soda, stop eating any type of bread or french fries, or chip of any kind.  The first step to reducing SHBG is increase your digestive efficiency.  Which ultimately comes down to bile viscosity.  The two chemicals the body produces to increase bile viscosity are Glycine and Phosphatidyl Choline.  Bile is used to reduce environmental toxicity.  There needs to be a whole lot of it in all 30+ feet of your intestines to neutralize all toxins and burn fat as energy efficiently.  That's the livers job, to keep you alive honestly.  As we are subjected to chlorine from our shower water and tap water.  The chlorine chemical in it's self inhibits Glycine and Phosphatidyl Choline production.  Which by the way can be found in an amazing product by the name of Livetone Plus.  Therefore causing our bile to normal produce less bile but also making our bile very thick with minimal viscosity rating.  As we know from oil viscosity is important so the oil gets into the tight crevasse of bearings etc.  Therefore meaning that less viscosity means less protection for the engine.  This same principle applies to our bodies.  If you want your gynecomastia to improve which I am proof of it's success.  You will need to change your diet and cut out smoking all together.  Smoking also forces the liver to produce more shbg.  You should think about not drinking soda at all, as well as no dairy like cheese or ice cream what so ever.  On top of that you will be required to cut out bread.  Bread is a pure sugar in it's core and will only lead to the possibility of insulin resistance and diabetes.  Dairy, cheese, bread, and caffeine in every respect causing catastrophic hormonal effects on your body.  Digestion needs to be very quick within 12 hours max.  That being what you ate comes out of you in 12 hours.  You need to dial in to this if you want to improve this condition.  If you think caffeine gave u boost in energy, seriously consider organic unfiltered juices like apple juice.  They contain the building blocks of life and increase bodily function as well as aid in your digestive health.  With Glycine and Phosphatidyl Choline at insufficient levels for years causes the bile to trap toxins in your liver and pancreas as gallstones.  Steve Jobs died for this exact reason.  His digestive system was overwhelmed with toxins and trapped these toxins in the pancreas as a gallstone and the body continuously absorbs this toxic waste.  As it absorbs the waste it passes back through the liver as everything does before heading the heart to be pumped throughout your body.  These toxins being trapped will eventually turn cancerious and this is unavoidable unless you do something about it before it's too late.  As you all may not know, Steve Jobs suffered with severe Testosterone and several other hormonal issues before his ultimate demise.  Magnesium oxide is used to flush out all the toxins from the digestive system first.  I recommend powder form as it's 1,000 times more effective than any pill form.  Secondly once you have flushed your digestive system of waste for say 1 month.  You will then perform liver flushes to flush out the millions of gallstones trapped in each and every one of us.  The way you do this is by filling a cup half full of extra virgin olive oil and half pure lemon juice.  Chug that down and take 4 ibuprofen(trust me on that one).  You will need to continue these flushes once a week pretty much forever if you don't get livatone plus.  I have performed 20 flushes and still have yet to not expel a hell of a lot every time.  You will then maybe wanna drink something sweet to get the taste out of your mouth.  Then lay on your right side all night until the morning.  At which point you will expel these toxins, lose possibly 5 lbs and get yourself in the right direction to total body health.  In regards to surgery yes after you abide by what I have said and are still unhappy.  There is only one surgeon who is the best in the world at gynecomastia surgery.  Minimal scarring with amazing results since he does so many.  He makes an incision under the aerola curve perfectly as to when it heals there is no noticeable scarring at all.  On top of that he's an artist.  He sculpts the chest to look defined sexy and cut.  You will be assured of having a sexy chest after surgery 100% guaranteed.  You will have to check the before and after photos of this man who is an M.D. with the last name of B.L.A.U. that's B-L-A-U or B..L..A..U New York, USA.  It's $5,500 I believe and no insurance accepted.  So I am going to him over anyone else since he clearly is the best.  I would not trust anyone else since the end result for his surgeries are always unbelievable.  So far I have enhanced my liver health 10 fold and feel like a new man.  You will notice the change in SHBG when your liver starts to become healthy again.  I have not started using Andractim but am on Androgel and Novaldex as well as 2TX natural testosterone booster which also releases testosterone from shbg and decreases estrogen as well.  I have noticed a huge difference in my life.  Honestly before girls wouldn't look twice at me.  Now they flock towards me.  So dial in your liver and your life will change just like mine!!!!  I'm going for surgery though if Andractim gel doesn't work.  I may also go for the high performing cream from my doctor if the gel doesn't work that well.  I talked to him about the cream and he said he would consider putting me on it.  

*UPDATE* I am now stopping the Novaldex since it actually causes Liver damage by means of "Fatty Liver".  It also I am certain that it inhibits not estradiol but also testosterone.  I have been off it and I honestly look and feel better right away.  If you want a natural estrogen blocker and boost your testosterone and reduce your SHBG is get a product by Max Muscle called 2TX.  Once you start taking it women will just flock your way since all your testosterone is active and you'll feel unbelievably good.  I've been taking it for 3 months and it's just simply amazing.  I notice more from it than I do my Androgel or now Testim testosterone topical gel.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 11:38:37 PM by chris89 »

Offline Search_of_Cure

Hey, I think you chest looks fine.  However, your chest looks almost identical to mine...in which I am not happy with myself.  I think the DR is right...you and I (and a lot of others) have a mild case of it.  However, condition went from extreme to mild.  I did everything I could possibly do...I lost the weight...went from about 31 percent body fat to about 12 percent body fat...intense cardio sessions (1 hour 45 mins per day)...and I lift weights like my life depends on it. I have taken the testosterone increaser...estrogen decreaser...used the cutting gels on my chest...I really feel like I have done it ALL!  At this point, I see GREAT definition in my chest and upper body...however there is always the issue of my puffy nipples taking presidence over my chest.  I have started my journey of researching various DRs, in my area, and the pricing.  I can feel your pain...even being a "mild" case.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024