Author Topic: Compression Shirt info thread - Underworks -(pics)  (Read 3832 times)

Offline Jim the great

• Posting Member
Hi, I wanted to write a thread to answer the commonly asked questions about compression shirts for pre op wear, Your PS will tell you what to wear POST OP... so here we go...

First off Underworks is the main company that most order shirts from. They are the most recommended so that is what I will focus on.

Where: http://www.underworks.com

Model/Style: the 997 is the most compressing shirt they make due to the double layer front pannel and the 993 is a single layer shirt for slight cases or to be worn during exersize.

Cost: the 997 run 29.99 each for sizes up to 48", 36.99 for plus sizes and the 993 run 17.99 for sizes up to 53" and 22.99 for plus sizes (both offer discounts if buying 3-6-or-12)

Figuring size: I suggest measuring your chest around the widest point and using that measurement. If you are at the high end of a size I would recommend getting a size bigger esp. for the 997.

Fit/Comfort: (I can only speak for the 997 if anyone wants to add anything about the 993 fit PM ME or comment here and I will add it). The 997 offers a tight fit it is a bit uncomfortable at first but you will get used to it. It limits movement only the slightest bit (you will not look like a robot wearing it) and it hot weather you might sweat a bit more but it is breathable and nonabsorbent so it is really not that big of a deal. There are many people on the board that wear them every day to work and school without problems even a firefighter/EMT...

Look: You can order in black or white and they are styled like a wifebeater (A-shirt) under clothes it will look like a wifebeater if seen at all although you could not wear them alone and pull off the look of a wifebeater due to the look of the nylon and spandex knit.  When putting your shirt on for the first time you will quickly learn that it is not going to go on over your head to easily it is best to pull it on from the bottom like a skirt or dress...

Closing: Note this is not a cure but a fix. If you think I missed anything or would like to add anything PM me or comment here and I will add it.  

Please feel free to comment with pictures of you in your vest and without your vest or whatever...

Offline SPECIMEN040180

• Posting Member
thanks , i  apreciate   the info   ,  this is the first time i order one of these things,  and i was a bit worried. i didnt wanted to look like   a sausage or move like a robot ( i know  about that last one  , i had  a home made compression shirt and i did moved like a robot ,  people  notice that)

Offline nothingworse

• Gold Member
Input on the #993's. I bought 3 of them and wear them daily even to school. They work out great and are fairly comfortorable and do a great job with my mild/moderate case. Although the only dislike about it is the diamond shape on the front looks kinda weird nothing to worry about though. I can wear it from morning to night no problem and I even wore one for 16 hours straight no problem. They do show like a wife beater under a shirt. They are overall great if you have a mild/moderate case. But, a bigger moderate or severe case get the #997. Hope this helps.

Offline girlieman

• Posting Member
  • Bigger Is Better
    • New World Order
Sounds like everyone is very serious about this compression undergarment business.  I've never owned one but I do wear support and have had a lot of fun buying it.  1st, athletic bras.  Light and comfortable.  Available in a variety of blends.  If you want tighter, get a blend with more spandex.  I'm fairly large, (okay, 42 B) and find a womens XXL works best and sometimes a an XL will do.  Remember, you want it to be comfortable.

Available for $10 - $15 at Target, Walmart, etc.  Labels (I.E., Nike) $30+

Minimizers can be good, too, but you may have to face some lacy or floral appointments.  The advantage is in weight  and comfort

Available $15 and up, You'll need to know your size.  Retailers everywhere, try Amazon.com if you're shy.

Unless you want to highlight your breasts you should stay away from underwire, demi and push-up styles.

Colour is a concern.  Since you want it to be unseen, try to match garments and bra colors.  I wear lots of black, so I don't wear a white bra under it.  All around, beige is the most neutral colour though it will show under white shirts.

You can make an adventure out of bra shopping.  I generally do it with my lover.  Lots of laughing and giggling!  Once we got 86d from Victoria's Secret for having too much fun in the dressing room!  VS bra's are great but only go up to size 38, my GF says they're the best.

'I could never be a woman.  I'd spend the entire day playing with my breasts' - Woody Allen

Offline somedude

• Posting Member
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 11:11:38 AM by somedude »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024