Author Topic: Skin Deep  (Read 5150 times)

Offline Achilles

• Silver Member
For anyone that may be interested, the LifeNetwork will be showing an episode of their "Skin Deep" series with a guy going for gyne surgery, tonight at 8:30pm Eastern Time.

Offline Achilles

• Silver Member
The episode will also be playing next Saturday, October 1st at 4pm on LifeNetwork, if anyone is interested.  I watched it last night and the guy's results were great!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Let me know if you come across a show telling of men who have chosen to live with gyne.

Graham....

"Men With Breasts" features a guy who has massive Gyne, has accepted his breasts and fully enjoys them. So there you go... It's not all about surgery....   :P

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Achilles

• Silver Member
I think most people who come on here only care about finding a way to get rid of their condition, not to learn to live with it, as there are obviously safe and feasible ways of getting rid of it.  

But if I ever do come across such a show, while it's not something I'd care to see to be honest, I will post it on here...don't wait around for it though!

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
graham - how's the mind control working for you? Do you still practice?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Of course not. It's only 99% about surgery.  ;)

Graham....

As you must know, many women have facial hair. Many women can grow a moustach. How many western ( North America ) women do you know that grow and 'celebrate' their moustache? How many guys do you think would want to date or even marry a woman that doesn't wax her stach?

Same could be said of leg hair.... Most women can grow leg hair, but most of them shave it off. Would you want to go out for a night on the town for dinner/dancing with a woman that had a stach and/or leg hair?

Boobs belong on girls/women.

'Nuff said!

John.

Offline nothingworse

• Gold Member
Dam* straight John. That is the absolute truth. Not saying though it is wrong to have boobs but, john is right they belong on women. Just like facial and leg hair pretty much belongs on men. It is just the way society views things. Even though I have small breasts sometimes I lost the feeling of being a man or I feel incomplete. I just want them gone and they soon will be.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I guarantee that if 90% of what we talk about here was about how to cope with gyno instead of surgically removing it (and the so called, 'cure' it implies), we'd have far less surgeries while people would still be happy.

Graham....

I don't believe that 'discussing how to cope', would make people 'happy'. I 'coped' with Gyne for 31 years and was never 'happy' about the condition. Now that I've had the operation and my Gyne is gone, life is much more manageable. Pre-op, I was under constant stress as a result of my Gynecomastia. All that stress is gone now!

I don't know how any man could enjoy/celebrate his Gynecomastia. To each his own I guess...

Why are you so anti-surgery Graham?

John.

Offline nothingworse

• Gold Member
Gyne is stressful. Everyday I am stressed because of one reason. I am at school with kids and you never know what they will pull. You just want to go through the day in peace and yet some people have to bother you. I got a vest and it releaved some of the stress but, underneath it all I still have it and am stressed about it. It is just something that will always be there unless you take care of it. Sure, some people can live fine with it but, even those people will think about it in the back of their minds. Everybody thinks about it and if you are strong enough to go without surgery or treatment more power to you. I don't blame the people who want surgery. At one time in their life they were young and care free and didn't have gyne. All the sudden they got older, wiser, and gyne came up and they looked for an answer. Because as you grew wiser you grew more caring and concerning. So, it was something you had to deal with it. You just had that thought everyday what can I do? You find this board you find what works for you, you get an answer and move on with your life.

Offline ruggedtoast

• Silver Member
To my understanding this site is primarily for people who want to get rid of their gyne and unfortunately, some wacky internet mail order treatments aside, surgery is the only effective treatment form most of us.

However I do completely agree with your last comment. There a tons of guys who post here who say their gyno is ruining their every waking moment and then they post a photo or two and theres nothing wrong with them.

There are also a lot of guys  who are just very fat and will always find any number of plastic surgeons who will take their money for surgery rather than suggest weightloss.

I also find the living with gyno area very creepy.

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
I do think there is a bias on this site toward surgery in a big way.

I have read a number of posts where peole are saying that surgery is the only way to get rid of fat(notgland) ??? Where exercise makes it worse? .I don't blame the people on this site I have had a plastic surgeon tell  me I could never get the fat off my chest without liposuction.What happened to people doing things for themselves without relying on doctors?I have managed to make quite a difference myself without putting myself in debt.I would post photos but I have Bdd and don't have any photos of myself around and would never take a photgraph of myself.I'll guess your just have to take my word for it ;D
         I do think this site should be a support site rather than a surgery advocacy site as there are not many places where people an talk about this as it is rather embarrassing talking to your friends about gyne.And I do think surgery is a good option for some esp if they are low bodyfat and the breasts look completely out of proportion to the rest of the body and it is really bothering them.
        But at the end of the day people have all sorts of physial problems ,their is guy in my gym who has no chest at all and who busts his arse with bench presses and what not to no avail.And he says his friends take the mick over it and he is pretty obsessed over it. What is worse I wonder?
             By the way I can't beleive they are keeping those links,couldn't they have found some advertising that is a bit less offensive, maybe an underworks ad or something?

Offline opkcz

• Posting Member
I bet most gyne sufferers have already tried the "living with gyne" thing and it didn't work.

Probably most of our stories are similar:
1) 10-12, oblivious to gyne, don't even realize we have it
2) 13+ friend/brother/bully teases and we're aware
3) See doctor, doctor says "it'll go away, don't worry"
4) 13-17 push-ups, cardio, sports...anything to get rid of it.  Also research into gyne and solutions
5) 18+ "aw darn it, I'll just live w/ it"
6) Adult life is better, but an odd stare or rude comment brings up old wounds
7) mid 25s-30s after professional success (or saving up a ton of cash), "hmm, i got some dough, I'm taking care of this b.s."  :)

I doubt this site convinces ppl to get surgery if they could otherwise live happily w/gyne.  It'd take a strong person to accept gyne who's more than capable of making up their own mind.

Offline ruggedtoast

• Silver Member
I dont really wanna live with it and Im certainly never going to 'celebrate' it like some people recommend.

This site is indeed a source information about gynecomastia , and i would suggest that the information that most people are looking for is how to get rid of it.

Offline opkcz

• Posting Member
I'm thinking people decide that they must get the surgery suddenly b/c they find out how accessible and common it actually is (you never hear guys discussing this sort of things, never see ads for it), and b/c IT IS the only solution if you're past a certain age, can't live with it, and its not caused by some kind of drug use.

I mean, come on, a forum of people saying 'Get surgery, its the only way' can't convince anybody to kick down $5000 for a surgical operation.  $5000 is a ton of cash to nearly everyone.  That person convinced themselves.

If anyone disagrees, I got an old Chevy for sale that you just can't 'live without'.  Any takers?

« Last Edit: September 27, 2005, 04:02:45 PM by opkcz »

Offline 15yrold

• Posting Member
  • HATE PUFFY NIPPLES
Probably most of our stories are similar:
1) 10-12, oblivious to gyne, don't even realize we have it
2) 13+ friend/brother/bully teases and we're aware
3) See doctor, doctor says "it'll go away, don't worry"
4) 13-17 push-ups, cardio, sports...anything to get rid of it.  Also research into gyne and solutions

^^^ That is exactly how its been for me^^^ I got it at age 12 then didnt even notice too much untill one kid teased me that i have big nipples.  When i got my physical for sports i asked my docotr and he gave me a handout and said it will go away... It hasnt really.. Sports for me have made it worse because with my shirt off a lot of times with shirts and skins or shower time lowers my self esteem.  No one really makes fun of me but i do see stares.  I dont have "breasts" which im thankful i dont have.  Im 5'8-5'9 110 pounds.  Sports have lost me about 10-15 which makes me really skinny and looks akward with my nipples.  I have yet to see a person in my sport team or any of my friends to have this big nipple curse.  WHYYYYY MEEEEEE????? my dad, bro, uncles, cousins, grandpas, or anyone thathas it.  It is a gene somehow i got which sucks.  I had this one instance where this girl i liked for ever wanted to hang out with me.  I mean this girl is a dream girl for most people and i thought this was my chance to shine.  Then she asked me to go swimming and my heart dropped and i made an excuse acting like saturday was the only day i couldnt go.  Once again WHY MEEEEE!?!?! did this Nipple curse to me.  Whats really funny is i found this website to get my hopes up that this gyne would go away, after hearing how yall have had gyne for 31 years my heart is sinking lower and lower.

GOD PLEASE HELP ME

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024