Author Topic: Eggs= Good (for me at least)  (Read 6937 times)

Offline kindherb42

• Gold Member
  • F*ck this gyne sh1t
I always hear about the hormones in eggs, meats and milk and how they raise estrogen and i believe it with the meat and especially the milk BUT...

Is there anyway eggs can raise testosterone?

I eat eggs pretty much everyday (yeah i know it's not good because all of the cholesterol/fat) BUT now this is weird...when i eat eggs i feel more focused during the day, more manly (can't really explain it it's weird) but like tougher and more energy, and since i'v been eating a lot of them my sex drive is up A LOT.

This is weird so does anybody have any explanation for this?

Offline AngryPuppy

• Posting Member

Hi,

I feel that we encountered a good subject. What foods to eat and what not to eat. Of coruse, all from the perpective of hormones.

I always hear about the hormones in eggs, meats and milk and how they raise estrogen and i believe it with the meat and especially the milk BUT...

I eat eggs pretty much everyday (yeah i know it's not good because all of the cholesterol/fat) BUT now this is weird...when i eat eggs i feel more focused during the day, more manly (can't really explain it it's weird) but like tougher and more energy, and since i'v been eating a lot of them my sex drive is up A LOT.

Offline kindherb42

• Gold Member
  • F*ck this gyne sh1t
Yeah I never really eat anything soy unless its just in a protein bar i grab on the go or whatever.

I stopped eating chicken for the most part and limited myself to it as it was mentioned in another thread to avoid.  It's been about 2 1/2 - 3 weeks of me avoiding chicken and i actually drank alcohol and got drunk 3 nights out of that 3 week period and my aerolas do not stick out as much and i'm positive.

I guess i'll see what happens.

Oh and another thing i'v been avoiding is caffiene except for the occasional peice of chocolate or something.

Offline GuckFyno

• Bronze Member
Try organic milk, I've just switched over to it.  

"Boys and young men are
particularly sensitive to estrogen, and can develop
gynecomastia after the use of dermal ointments containing
estrogen or after the ingestion of milk or meat from
estrogen-treated animals."

source: http://www.studyworld.com/newsite/ReportEssay/Science/Physical%5CGynecomastia-403170.htm

Needless to say organic milk comes from farm cows, not factory cows who are estrogen treated.  It tastes a bit different but I've gotten used to it.  Since I've made this switch and started avoiding caffeine, marijuana, chicken, etc.  I've felt much more energetic and libido is also up.  Can't say too much for the gyno but sometimes I think it's getting a bit better.

Hey Kindherb, hows the tamoxifen working for you?  I'm getting some myself.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
didn't think eggs were in question, just meat/dairy, but who knows.  jp, in case you missed the recent thread, pardon me for quoting myself.  

the soy stuff's been discussed before -- the stat i recall was that phytoestrogens are something like 1/500th the influence of regular estro, and not to start it up again, given the hormone saturation in beef, you might be significantly safer in my humble opinion.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2005, 10:43:52 PM by headheldhigh01 »
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline kindherb42

• Gold Member
  • F*ck this gyne sh1t
Try organic milk, I've just switched over to it.  

"Boys and young men are
particularly sensitive to estrogen, and can develop
gynecomastia after the use of dermal ointments containing
estrogen or after the ingestion of milk or meat from
estrogen-treated animals."

source: http://www.studyworld.com/newsite/ReportEssay/Science/Physical%5CGynecomastia-403170.htm

Needless to say organic milk comes from farm cows, not factory cows who are estrogen treated.  It tastes a bit different but I've gotten used to it.  Since I've made this switch and started avoiding caffeine, marijuana, chicken, etc.  I've felt much more energetic and libido is also up.  Can't say too much for the gyno but sometimes I think it's getting a bit better.

Hey Kindherb, hows the tamoxifen working for you?  I'm getting some myself.

Yeah i'v bought organic milk before and actually liked it a lot.

About the Tamoxifen... the first like month or month and a half it seemed like it was working but after that it didnt feel like it was doing anything at all and i had been on it for 4 1/2 months so i just stopped taking it and read a whole lot of bad things about tamoxifen and i'v been off of it now for about a month and my gyno is actually looking better.

Offline AngryPuppy

• Posting Member
Hi,

Any of you heard about BROCOLi helping to fight gene. Some time ago I heard that certain compound found in brocoli might work in the testosterone/estrogen conversion.

Offline GuckFyno

• Bronze Member
Here is a little bit about broccoli:

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:hHWciSvZKMAJ:www.berkeley.edu/news/media/releases/98legacy/02_20_98a.html+broccoli+estrogen&hl=en

From what I can gather broccoli as well as lignans which can be found in flax seeds are like a poor man's SERM.  They can interfere with the activity of estrogen. Good post Alex, being conscious of this kind of stuff certainly can't hurt could help combat gyne especially for younger folks.

Offline AbNormal

• Bronze Member

Eating animal proteins do increase testosterone.  I don't recall the exact mechanism, but testosterone is a protein I think, and so when your body has a lot of protein available, it can generate more of it.

Also, you are feeling more energy when you eat animal proteins, because animal proteins are necessary to keep your muscles growing and maintain them, as you go throughout your day.  This is especially true if you have a physical job, or if you participate in a lot of physical activity.

Physical activity breaks down the muscles, and for them to regenerate, they need animal proteins.  This is the same mechanism which increases your muscle bulk, from physical activity.  Without animal proteins, you will not gain bulk from physical activity.  With a lot of proteins, you will find that you gain bulk much faster.

If your body has plenty of animal proteins to facilitate the muscles regaining after activity, then overall, you will have more energy.. because your body has what it needs to complete its basic processes, and is therefore not "weighted down" by not having what it needs to function on a basic level.

Check out www.johnstonefitness.com.. has some info on this.

Offline AbNormal

• Bronze Member
Also, on the days that you are very physically active, you will find that if you eat a large meal with a lot of animal protein, you will feel like laying down for a nap afterward.

This is because the body is best at going through the process of utilitizing the proteins for the muscles when you are in a resting state.

This is why, if you are trying to gain muscle, it is also best to eat a bit more protein than carbs later in the day, and more carbs earlier in the day.  Your body can better utilize the protein that you're taking in, if you eat it within 4 or so hours before going to bed each night.

But still, you should have a balance of protein, throughout your day, just weighted more toward more protein in the evenings.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 06:02:49 AM by AbNormal »

Offline c3ntralp3rk

• Silver Member
  • there is hope.
first of all...

SHUT UP! SHUT UP! FOR GOD'S SAKE STFU!

alright. now that i got my rage out, upon reading some of the dumbest remarks "i stopped eating chicken" "i stopped eating tofu".........

oh good god. did you know that most cases of gynecomastia are UNKNOWN.. if you are uncertain about your hormonal levels, go to a bloody endo and get that sorted out..

if your hormones are going whack.. they will show. it's not like your hormones are on a secret, covert, CIA mission where they cause you to grow breasts and not display any discrepancies when an endo checks you out..

getting drunk 3 nights in a row isn't a particularly good idea to get rid of gynecomastia.. chances are that your body was dehydrated, and hence you aereolas appeared to be 'less puffy'. bodybuilders do things to reduce water retention to appear more cut *all the time*

in fact, drinking a plethora of alcohol can further facilitate the gyne.. remember, excessive ammounts of alcohol destroys cells in the testes.. testes = site of production of testosterone.. defective testes = impaired testosterone production.. add all this up and you got man boobs.

for god's sake grow up.
eat properly,
enjoy the egg,
and if you're worried about the fat..
just go running.

Offline GuckFyno

• Bronze Member
Breast tissue forms when estrogen binds to receoptors in the chest.  How else would you suggest it occurs?  By some magic gland just appears under the nipples?  Even if someones hormone levels appear to be normal it is possible that their body is more sensative to estrogen, my doc suggested that this is the case with me.  Do you really think that a young person whos body may be sensative to estrogen production should just say fu*k it and eat whatever they like regardless of it's effects on their hormonal levels?

Offline pureluck

• Posting Member
Are you eating just eggs by themselves or with something else like toast or cereal? I ask because I know when I eat something low carb for a meal like eggs or meat I feel like i have limitless energy. But if I have cereal or a bagel for breakfast it makes me feel like going back to sleep. I guess i'm what they call a 'carb sensitive' person. Sounds like you might be too.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024