Author Topic: Told you should wear a bra  (Read 12050 times)

Offline SideSet

How many of you were told by a wife, mother, GF, or female friend or relative that you should start wearing a bra because you had breasts in need of support, modesty, etc.?

How did that conversation go, how did you feel, and what was the result?

I am not talking about the teasing, ridicule, and comments I am sure most of us have heard plenty of.  I am talking about a constructive suggestion.

Offline walt

• Gold Member
Hi Sideset, my old endo Dr suggested I wear a bra and the wife did not care too much for that idea, but she has accepted it as I have doubled in size since then. My wife still has an issue with regular back clasp bras but has no problem with sports bras although I do wear a regular bra when she is not around or I am out by myself for the day.

aboywithgirls

I was told by my grandmother that I needed a bra. The next day, my mother sat me down and took the time to explain to me why I need a bra. I

bikerbob

She didn't exactly suggest that I should wear a bra but one day my wife commented that I was starting to look like a B cup.  Soon afterwards I started coming back from mountain bike rides with my boobs hurting.  I worked up the courage to ask her to buy me a sports bra, which she did.  I soon realized that I was just plain more comfortable with a bra than without.  Now I seldom leave the house without one and I am completely used to it.  I usually wear pullover type bras and don't think most people can tell but I have noticed in photos of myself that they do show a bit and noticed today that one of my Hawaiian shirts I haven't worn in a while is snug in the chest.  My wife is OK with it but talking about it seems to make her uncomfortable for some reason.

hammer

My wife said one time that it looked like I would fill a bra better then she did! So she bought me one and i did! That was years before the kids and the bad vasectomy and before I got so big!

aboywithgirls

It was my mother years ago, when I started wearing a bra full time who was taken back. My first bras that were fitted for me were a 34C. I was 16. I'll never forget when she told me that we were the same cup size. She explained to me 30 years ago how sister sizing works. She was a 36B and me being a 34C made us the same cup size. She also told me that she hoped that I didn't take after my father's side like my sister.  Well, I  did. I was very uncomfortable having such a frank conversation with my mother about my breasts and bras. Looking back though, it was for the best. It helped me get to acceptance. 

Im 45 now, and I'm more than ok with wearing a bra. Its just another article of clothing that people who have breasts should be wearing. Men and women both have breasts and those who need a bra and want to wear a bra should be wearing a bra. 

Offline Johndoe1

When first married my wife and I set down and talked about my breasts. She didn't think I was big enough and she didn't care if I had a chest or not. She was not in favor of both of us wearing a bra. Then years later, due to ptosis, and exercising, I developed a rash under my breasts. After that got cleaned up, in conversation with my doctor, the conversation started about wearing a bra and she agreed that support was probably a good idea. The wife wasn't happy to hear that but when she saw me she knew it was worth a try. She tolerants but wishes I didn't have to wear a bra. She looks me over every day before I leave the house to be sure nothing is out of place. 
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

aboywithgirls

II'm a lucky guy. My wife is fine with my boobs and bra. She understands that I need a bra. When we first met, I wore a binder 9n the first few dates. I had told her that I usually wore a bra.i that I was a 38C back then. She was a little taken back but wanted me to be me and encouraged me to be comfortable. Things were under control until I turned 40 and then had a thyroidectomy and the girls grew and grew. I was outgrowing my bras every 6 months. 

In the last year or so things have stabilized and I lost about 40 pounds. We can share most of our bras. She's more of a 36F/G and I'm a 36G/H. She knows that I really have to wear bra and there's never any grief from her.

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
  • If you gat um flunt um.
Actually it was my wife that said I needed a bra.  I came in to the house and fell into my chairs sweaty as hell and dead from moving the entire yard in 80+ temperatures.  the entire area under my breast were sweating like hell.  The wife took one look at me and said I had bigger breast than our daughter and that I needed a bra.  So the next day we went to Wal-Mart looking for bras and she got me a sports bra which I hated and the next day I went back and exchanged it for the pull over light weight bra that she had also pointed out the previous day.  At first she was not really happy that I was wearing a bra but when three doctors and a mammogram said I had Gynecomastia she started to except it more and is now indifferent to it.  She will even claim one of my bras as hers' till she looks look's at the size and we have a few bras that are identical since we bought them together. At the time I was a 36B and she is a 36D.  I have now moved up to a 38B. Her only complaint is that I have too many bras but she has double what I have.  Still I am happy.  I wear what I want and she never complains.  She only wants to make sure my straps are not showing in public and I am fine with that because I don't want them to show either.
If you got them flaunt them.  We all wear bras so wear what you like and to hell with the rest.

hammer

As I've said many times, my mife and daughter's not only are supportive of me wearing the bra, but had been after me for a long time to go for a fitting before my primary care physician suggested that I get one. They also would tell me to put one on when I wasn't wearing one as it would help me look better, but also knew that I didn't like to have one on all the time. They will also suggest different types of bras that I might like to try once in awhile too, but I just stick to the ones I got right now until I get to my final goal on my weight loss. 

Offline blad

Early in our marriage, my wife suggested I needed a bra. But I already new that.
If the bra fits, wear it.

aboywithgirls

For me, it was my mother who sat me down with stack of my older sister's bras. She gave me "the talk" about bras and why I should start wearing them. I didn't wear them all the time right away. I liked the support and a few years later, I started wearing my bras full time.and have been for 30 years now.

Offline Johndoe1

Maybe I am getting the wrong vibe, but the way you have described your mother's reactions to your breasts makes me wonder if she wanted you to be a girl in the first place? Seems she treated your development similar to how she would a girl. Am I all wrong here?

Offline SideSet

That was very supportive, accepting, and helpful of your wife, Blad

aboywithgirls

Maybe I am getting the wrong vibe, but the way you have described your mother's reactions to your breasts makes me wonder if she wanted you to be a girl in the first place? Seems she treated your development similar to how she would a girl. Am I all wrong here?
John, that's not quite how it was. It was my grandmother who made the original comment about my boobs and that I needed to start wearing a bra. I was always scratching my chest because they itched and were soar. Dont get me wrong,  I'm sure she had the same conversation with my sister  a couple years prior that she had with me. 

We had already been to a few different doctors who all said the same thing about my development.  That was the best thing to do is wait and see. I was too young for surgery and that they may just.go away on their own. 

They obviously didn't and kept developing.  A couple years later,  she said that I should start wearing a bra fulltime. I complained back that my bras didn't fit any more. That's when she took me bra shopping and I was fitted. 

I still believe that she was only trying her best. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024