Author Topic: Some questions about pubertal gynecomastia  (Read 1630 times)

Offline Bubbles

Hi :)
Iam 15 years old (turning 16 in two months) and i have strange nipples. They are big and soft and inverted when its warm, and when its really cold they contract and then they look normal, but the usual state is this.
I think i have pubertal gynecomastia. Iam not overweight (79 kilograms, 193cm tall). I recently started doing exercise so i already built some muscles. When i turn my body to 90° and let the gravity work, my breast still goes pretty normal, but then my nipples are conic. Iam also still in puberty. (very much you could say ...)

Ive got some questions about that, i hope they havent been posted and answered here before, but i used the search function and didnt find a thread like mine.

-From what i read, about 50% of Teenagers get some kind of gyne but at some point, it will go away. Does this apply to all? Iam healthy and dont take any medications.

-Does it help, and should i visit a doctor to get some kind of anti-estrogen medication? i really want to loose those breasts now and not just wait until its (maybe) gone. Some of my friends (they dont know about gyno, so they dont really mean it that way, but i feel really bad) made fun of my nipples.  Even my smaller sister called me "sharp breast".
I was with a girl for a night once, and we kissed, but when she touched my breast i didnt really felt well.

Thanks for your answers in advance. It sure feels good have talked about it once. I hope i didnt forget to write everything that i had in mind.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The juice is right on the mark.

Bubbles, the number of young men who have some degree of gynecomastia could be 65%  or more.  

The condition is so common that many Doctors will say that it is statistically normal.  

All that said, there are two things that you need to do.
While the condition is not a disease in itself, It can be a symptom of disease.  You need to see a Doctor for a Check-up to be sure everything is OK.  Talk to your parents,  the condition is sometimes genetic.  So your experience may be similar to your father and/or uncles.

Good Luck!

Grandpa
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024