Author Topic: Addiction to bENCH press, do it work?  (Read 4580 times)

Offline Cuttin Headz

• Silver Member
  • The Person Formerly Known As Bubby_the_Tour_ G
Yo! I bench press about 150 lbs for the Jv football team, and i do it allot, like 3 times a week, but my breasts dont seem to be getting any smaller, they just remain. Won't bench press burn off the fat in that area around the chest?
Fatal Flying Guillotine providing free surgery for people with Gynecomastia, just ask Dr. Ti Tu Fat

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
HA HA! Thats what you think....thats what I though for years also. Till I found out what the fat really was. Gland! Bench press won't make it go away.
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline daytonasurf

• Bronze Member
Incline press helps puff out your upper chest and sorta hide it.

Offline vaio

That is true. Go plenty of dumbell military presses, pull ups, any type of shoulder workout. They will *help* to disguise the gyne by making the upper chest stick out more. It basically distracts or takes attention away from the lower chest.

Offline daytonasurf

• Bronze Member
Wow a halfway optimistic post from you vaio.  ;D

Offline Spleen

There's really no exercise that "burns" fat from a specific area.  Strength exercises will help grow and define the muscle, but it won't consume or reduce fat locally.

There's only one way to get rid of fat: eat so that you are burning more calories than you consume.  Your body will then consumer its own stored fat for energy.  Even then, you won't really have any control over where the fat disappears from.  Since beginning a serious exercise program again, I have very little fat from the shoulders up and the waist down.  I still have a spare tire.  Even when I was less than 10% body fat years ago I was ripped everywhere except my abs.  Your body has it's own plan.

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Agree with Daytonasurf.  Hit the inclines hard.  Do higher reps, watch the fat intake and do plenty of cardio to help burn fat.  Ultimately, the weights won't do near as good a job at removing the gyne compared to the surgeons knife and vacuum, but like vaio said, it should help build up the upper chest and give the illusion the gyne isn't as bad. STAY AWAY FROM DECLINE PRESSES. :)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2005, 09:25:25 AM by jc71 »

Offline metsn2005

• Bronze Member
Sorry if im piggybacking on the thread but I have a couple questions that have to do with this.  I just started weightlifting class for my elective - 5 days a week for 50 minutes. There is no way to get around doing pushups, and I'm hoping that it wont affect my gyne that badly. But I was wondering if anyone has any other exercises that have the same or worse affect as pushups. My school's gym doesnt have a decline bench, so I dont have to worry about that. The class is really structured and you cant really do what you want, but Im sure I can wiggle out of doing some exercises if I think they will have a bad affect on my gyne. Thanks.

Offline vaio

Just focus on shoulders and upperchest. WHen you do push ups, try to get on a inclines angel, so you work the upper chest.

Offline daytonasurf

• Bronze Member
Do pushups with your feet on something about a foot high. Thats equal to a incline.

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
  • Gyne transformed me into a living dead.
i did flat bench presses before. it made my gyne worse. even angled push-up didnt do any good for me. maybe mine is a very very stubborn fat.  ;D
To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did...

Dr Benjamin Herbosa's Contact Info (Dr Benny)

Offline Cuttin Headz

• Silver Member
  • The Person Formerly Known As Bubby_the_Tour_ G
Well, thank yall for yer replies- i hope to build my pectoral boobs up so that i can show my freakin parents that i have true gyne. they say that if i lose weight, they might put me on hormones-but no surgery- f***ed up.  8) 8) 8) 8)

Offline masterofu

• Posting Member
It is a common misconception, partially construed from false ads from stupid exercise product gimmicks, that working a certain muscle is "melting" the fat off. this is not true. While you may be burning fat while building muscle with resistance training, this is almost entirely due to burning calories in general as you exert energy. For example, you CANNOT "burn" fat around your stomach by doing situps or some crazy ab machine. While you can certainly build your ab muscles by doing these things, the ONLY way you will ever be able to see them or have a "six pack" is if your body fat % is very low. Perhaps around 6% or less. You may very well have awesome, well defined pectorial muscles, but if you have a think layer of fat on top of it, you will not see it. If you are not overweight, and want to increase the size of your pecs, then you will probably need to consume a larger number of calories as you  follow your weightlifting program. it is impossible to gain muscle without consuming suffcient calories to support growth.i.e. weight gain. It is also impossible that all of this weight gain will be in fact muscle, no matter how much you workout. Therefore, if you are skinny and want muscle, eat a ton, everything-carbs,fats,especially protien. you will almost certainly gain fat along with your muscle, but you can lose the fat later, and hopefully retain most of your new muscle. Just be sure to eat a lot of protien during your dieting phase at to keep your body from burning as least amount of your muscle as possible. I have been working out regularly for 6 years, and don't consider myself an "expert" per say, however i am an ISSA Certified Personal Trainer and have been so for 3 years.....
« Last Edit: February 12, 2005, 04:07:58 PM by masterofu »

Offline camarojoe

• Posting Member
It is a common misconception, partially construed from false ads from stupid exercise product gimmicks, that working a certain muscle is "melting" the fat off. this is not true. While you may be burning fat while building muscle with resistance training, this is almost entirely due to burning calories in general as you exert energy. For example, you CANNOT "burn" fat around your stomach by doing situps or some crazy ab machine. While you can certainly build your ab muscles by doing these things, the ONLY way you will ever be able to see them or have a "six pack" is if your body fat % is very low. Perhaps around 6% or less. You may very well have awesome, well defined pectorial muscles, but if you have a think layer of fat on top of it, you will not see it. If you are not overweight, and want to increase the size of your pecs, then you will probably need to consume a larger number of calories as you  follow your weightlifting program. it is impossible to gain muscle without consuming suffcient calories to support growth.i.e. weight gain. It is also impossible that all of this weight gain will be in fact muscle, no matter how much you workout. Therefore, if you are skinny and want muscle, eat a ton, everything-carbs,fats,especially protien. you will almost certainly gain fat along with your muscle, but you can lose the fat later, and hopefully retain most of your new muscle. Just be sure to eat a lot of protien during your dieting phase at to keep your body from burning as least amount of your muscle as possible. I have been working out regularly for 6 years, and don't consider myself an "expert" per say, however i am an ISSA Certified Personal Trainer and have been so for 3 years.....

i agree with mostly everything you said
but my abs show and im 12-13% BF, noweher near 6%; and it is possible togain muscle with minimal fat gain- but thats a whole nother topic

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024