Author Topic: Post removed by the user!  (Read 2978 times)

Charlie219

Post removed by the user!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2023, 06:15:52 PM by Charli 💕 »

Kazmage

My Mrs has told me I have better bras then her 
I just told her I could go out and buy the cheap wire free ones she likes and me uncomfortable 
Or I could buy a decent one and be comfortable 

p.r.1974

I have been in the same boat when it comes to finding what I like. Quality of the bra and comfort are always first. I don't mind paying more as I am hard on my tools, but I will catch the more expensive ones on sale out of habit. Occasionally one can find comfort and quality on the lower end, it just requires more research, trial and error, or a proper fitting.

Brdy64

For the last 25 years, I have worn Bali Women's Double Support Wirefree Bra DF3820 and I love that bra, but in the heat of summer, they are a sweatbox for the twins. So I am looking for just the thinnest bra with the support I need to try.

Does not have to be heavy support, just enough to keep the twins up off my belly so they don't sweat, underboob sweat >:(.
I like the Torrid 360 styles. Here is a lace bra, should breathe well. They have many selections. 
With Torrid I add my favorites to my cart, then wait until they send me 40-50% off before checking out. 

Offline HeldUp

• Silver Member
I'm a big fan of Chantelle and they're currently running a 50% off sale. Being good and not shopping!

https://us.chantelle.com/sale/semi-annual-lingerie-sale.html

Gino

Maybe it's my being in the U.S. (I find European lingerie much, MUCH higher than here) or my "average" 36B size, but my fave brands are well under $50, typically less than $30 and I thought they were expensive. I stand corrected. 

Upfront

Bra patterns are available. 
If only I had Birdie's skills with needle and thread........ 

Brdy64

I am actually considering making my own. I would need a 'roller foot' for my machine for the thinner fabrics.
Thinner fabrics tend to 'bunch up' using a standard foot. I found that out while 'mending" bras. 
You can use the standard foot. But the stitch looks uneven. 

I'll most likely start recycling old bras into new ones. 🤔
I like the underwires, and underwire doesn't wear out, it's the fabric that tears or stretches. 

It will be fun 😍

Upfront

Keep us posted on progress

Offline Johndoe1

I can't get out of a bra store for less than $70 a bra. I tried the less expensive bras and they didn't support well or were uncomfortable or didn't last. I guess at my size you can't cheap out.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Brdy64

I can't get out of a bra store for less than $70 a bra. I tried the less expensive bras and they didn't support well or were uncomfortable or didn't last. I guess at my size you can't cheap out.
Have you tried Torrid? I spend about 40-50 dollars is all. 

Gino

I am actually considering making my own. I would need a 'roller foot' for my machine for the thinner fabrics.
Thinner fabrics tend to 'bunch up' using a standard foot. I found that out while 'mending" bras.
You can use the standard foot. But the stitch looks uneven.

I'll most likely start recycling old bras into new ones. 🤔
I like the underwires, and underwire doesn't wear out, it's the fabric that tears or stretches.

It will be fun 😍
I stumbled onto a bunch of bras at a thrift shop in 36B that the shop was clearing out. There were a LOT and most were brand new with labels still attached. There were  a number of padded, lined, and push up styles which I have no interest in so I gave them to my GF who is a retired seamstress. She is a 32C and clearly those I gave her did not fit her, but she's a genius on her Juki and she modified every one and they look like they were made for her.

It's remarkable what a machine can do with skilled hands using it.

Offline HeldUp

• Silver Member
My wife never had an expensive bra until I got her one. She loves it though, wears it all the time. Sophie said she had one like it and keeps it for special occasions. My wife? Nah, if it's clean and she doesn't need padding...it's her go to. ;)

Offline JoniDee

• Silver Member
I search Amazon for sales on Elomi Charley Stretch Lace bras in my size 36D (which is the smallest Elomi makes that fit me). So far, I've managed to stumble across sales that are almost 50% off, and stockpile them. I keep a rotation of 4.

Joni

Upfront

My wife is not into buying expensive bras - she just wears mine

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024