Author Topic: 21 and already in a bra  (Read 1718 times)

Offline Jack A

• Posting Member
I guess I'm weird being so young here, but it is great seeing other people accept having breasts. 

For some reason I had a women's puberty, and started developing breasts at just like the girls in my class. And like women, they kept growing through my teen years. My parents were in denial about it, but when I was 14 my friend suggested I wear a bra—and she was right. From that point on, I wore a bra essentially full time. Before I wore a bra I was bullied and told to 'wear a bra'; once I started wearing a bra, I was bullied for wearing a bra :/

Anyway, by the time I graduated I was 34DD cup. Now I'm a 36E. Putting a bra on is second nature for me—sports bras for exercising, soft cup for everyday wear, underwire for getting dressed up. And I have fat deposits like a woman, so I'm much happier wearing a blouse or women's tops than male clothes that don’t fit.

Offline Johndoe1

Welcome Jack A. Many of us here developed breasts in puberty. It's a very common story. Glad you have accepted what was given naturally.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
Hello Jack, 

Your story resonates with many others in the forum including my own. 

I'm pushing 60 now, but spent 45 years of boy-mode since puberty trying to hide my breasts and curves. I was about a B or C at graduation with a bubble butt that couldn't be hidden. I also did 2 years of testosterone treatments suggested by my father and ordered by my doctor as he unsuccessfully tried to stop my misguided puberty. 

I'm now a DD/DDD (depending on the bra). 

In my case, I have been diagnosed as intersex all my life, the extent was not examined until recently (I have PMDS, so I also have a uterus and fallopian tubes). 

I now of course wear 100% off the women's rack, not just for fit but because it's who I am. 💃

Welcome aboard 🙆‍♀️
When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

Offline gotgyne

Hi Jack,
welcome to the forum. It is important that young people like you participate in the discussions. This could show other young men that developing breasts is not the end of the world and encourage them to try bras for themselves. In my opinion this should come at first. Only if somebody can't stand wearing a bra at all, then he may opt for surgery. Why should we cut off completely healthy parts of our body? Your rule "sports bras for exercising, soft cup for everyday wear, underwire for getting dressed up" is a very good solution. There are so many bras for various purposes and I notice that you know them well.
John
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Offline blad

I have always thought that it is valuable for anyone with male breast development to try a good fitting bra for at least a few weeks. It is my belief that many would realize that this is an effective way of management. 
If the bra fits, wear it.

p.r.1974

Welcome Jack! Congratulations on accepting and living your truth at such an early age! Your early path is indeed a common experience for many here, though the acceptance part has taken a bit longer for many.

Offline Johndoe1

I have always thought that it is valuable for anyone with male breast development to try a good fitting bra for at least a few weeks. It is my belief that many would realize that this is an effective way of management.
Women have had this figured out for years. That's why most women won't be caught without wearing a bra. With more and more men developing breasts due to environmental/medical treatment reasons, borrowing a page out of our sisters book makes sense. The answer is there before our eyes. We just have to look and get over our machismo.

Offline benusa

• Silver Member
Hi Jack,

I had big breasts as a teen and was very miserable with them. I had surgery at your age and was very happy with the result. I was flat for years. A while back my breasts started growing again and a bra has become a need. I just tried shapewear tanks. They offer some support without looking like a bra. I would highly recommend them. Wearing a bra has really changed how I feel about having breasts.

-Ben

Offline Jack A

• Posting Member
Hi all, thanks for being so nice!

I do agree many men would feel better just accepting their body and wearing a bra. I noticed someone mentioned surgery when they were young—I guess I didn’t have that option as they were growing all through my puberty, but I never really wanted that. I have breasts like a woman, and need to wear a bra like a woman does.

When waking up, my question isn’t 'should I wear a bra?' but rather, 'what type of bra should I wear today? For example, I’m meeting a friend for coffee, so decided to wear a soft cup and a nice blouse over the top. I seriously cannot go around with my rack just bouncing free. 

Also, do you any of you wear women's tops? I find male tops simply cannot fit me.

Offline taxmapper

At this age you will want to check other physical attributes of your body,. 
Adam's apple, brow ridge, hand shape and size, foot shape, pelvic shape, collar bone placement, etc. 

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
I have breasts like a woman, and need to wear a bra like a woman does.

When waking up, my question isn’t 'should I wear a bra?' but rather, 'what type of bra should I wear today? For example, I’m meeting a friend for coffee, so decided to wear a soft cup and a nice blouse over the top. I seriously cannot go around with my rack just bouncing free.

Also, do you any of you wear women's tops? I find male tops simply cannot fit me.
Hello again Jack,

I also have breasts like a cis woman, and have since puberty. 
I now dress 100% off the woman's rack because they are the only clothes that fit without making my own (I do design clothes as well). 

Women's clothes are cut different to allow for our breasts and wide hips. For example, men's T's will ride up my hips.

If I'm going out shopping I will wear one of my push-up bras and a revealing tank top or Camis. Do my hair up really nice and a bit of makeup. Nothing wrong with trying to look sexy (I'm a woman of transgender experience). 🤭

Women's trousers are also a much better fit for us as they allow for our wide hips and butt. 
I'll have to admit I wear short-shorts whenever possible (3.5" boyfriend shorts from Torrid). 
Now as winter approaches I'll be switching to women's slacks and jeans. 

Date night might be something much more dramatic. I do have lots of makeup and clothes to choose from. 💃

Check your messages as I am sending you a PM. 😉

Offline WPW717

• Silver Member
Howdy Jack

I am a recent member and am very wide set and wide base… hard to fit.

I have had one fitting at Torrid and it went well. The garments are for cold weather and summer came , went back to sports bras. I am still growing slowly
so my cues to me finding bras are laugh worthy It amused my wife for a bit until she realized how large they are becoming

I have started to get some women’s tops as I get tired of getting the upper fit right but the lower portion of shirts are tents

Fortunately my hips and buttocks are not becoming feminized but as others have said those changes aren’t the only ones to notice. Those other changes are now noticeable by me

Spouse has told me to cease and desist on shopping for bras, she is taking over that task as I suck at it… good to have a supportive and understanding spouse
Good luck on your journey, stay in touch.
Regards, Bob

Offline Johndoe1

When waking up, my question isn’t 'should I wear a bra?' but rather, 'what type of bra should I wear today? For example, I’m meeting a friend for coffee, so decided to wear a soft cup and a nice blouse over the top. I seriously cannot go around with my rack just bouncing free.

I think you will find many of us here who wear full-time ask that same question. It's not will I but which one. We prefer the support and containment a bra gives us, same as women. Many people either don't know or realize gynecomastic breasts are identical to cis women's breasts. They are made from the same tissue created the same way. We have basically the same issues with our breasts as women do with theirs. We've just not suppose to act like we don't have them. And sometimes you can't deny what's obvious. 

I think most gynecomastic men with well developed busts have tried women's tops and a sizeable number do wear women's tops in some form or other. I know for me, my DD/F breasts, many men's tops pull across my bust in an uncomfortable fashion. I am fully aware of the lack of space my bust is trying to create within the top. I have no sensation of that when wearing a women's top and I prefer that. I don't think I am alone in that. 

I have discovered that there are many men who wear a bra for comfort and containment. Many more who just don't say anything about it. Our numbers are larger than we think. 

Offline taxmapper

Hi all, thanks for being so nice!

I do agree many men would feel better just accepting their body and wearing a bra. I noticed someone mentioned surgery when they were young—I guess I didn’t have that option as they were growing all through my puberty, but I never really wanted that. I have breasts like a woman, and need to wear a bra like a woman does.

When this started for me, I went to Amazon and ordered up a pack of bras that worked quite well. Then went through multiple other places for bras of diff. sizes, shapes etc. 

My primary focus is on color matching. Feels strangely good being able to color match and the like. 
I am not focused on style really because I don't have much style anyway, but I don't need to focus on that at this time. 

its weird but satisfying at the same time. 

Offline gotgyne

I have discovered that there are many men who wear a bra for comfort and containment. Many more who just don't say anything about it. Our numbers are larger than we think.
This is exactly what is confirmed to me by my female GP and the ladies at my orthopedic supplier from which I get my medical compression stockings and bras. I'm convinced that many more men could benefit from wearing a bra. This morning at the supermarket I noticed a middle-aged male. You could clearly see his breasts swinging under his t-shirt although they were not that large (maybe a B cup). 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024