Author Topic: wtf  (Read 1852 times)

Offline fl3a

• Posting Member
wtf
I had gyne surgery like 4 months ago, I had inverted nipple on my left side for a while. I started lifting weights again recently and when I was stretching one day it hurt my chest but when I got home I noticed the nipple is now uninverted. It's still that way but I also feel a lot more of that "hard scar tissue" that people talk about here and it looks kinda puffy now. Did I pull the nipple out and also some scar tissue or something? I dunno what happened but its kinda wierd.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
At 68, I still have mine so I'm not that much of an authority on surgery.

That said, I have been following these pages for some time and various reports I've seen would indicate that it may be a year or even longer before the chest contour is fully stabilized.  What you described is not unusual.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Hypo-is-here

It is also worth mentioning that the visible healing on the outside of the body is only a very small part of the healing process with many sutures in the chest itself (stitches inside your body).

I wonder if it is wise to strenuously exercise the chest soon after an operation.  

If the healing can take up to a year, maybe it would make sense to lay off such strenuous targeted exercise for that time frame.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...

If the healing can take up to a year, maybe it would make sense to lay off such strenuous targeted exercise for that time frame.

Agreed....  I'm surprised that PS's let the Post-Op patient start lifting weights so soon after surgery also. My PS gave me the go-ahead at the 3rd week marker.

When I was stretching at about the 4th week, I felt a slight bit of pain in my chest. I stopped stretching for a while after that.

Ya gotta taker easy!   ;)

John.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2005, 04:56:42 PM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024