Author Topic: Got injections today, have question  (Read 6024 times)

Offline silly_guy

• Silver Member
Hi all,

Well I got some injections today, I'm about 7 months post-op.  I got several pricks from different angles in each nipple.  The needle goes right into the gland, most of them weren't too bad, but a couple were like "ow-wee!  :o"

Oh anyways, I got some body chills later in the day and feel a little yucky overall.  I was wondering if anyone else had a similiar experience.  I'll see how it goes and maybe ask my P.S., but thought I'd check with you all first.

Later,
Silly_Guy
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 03:29:06 PM by silly_guy »

Offline silly_guy

• Silver Member

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
Silly guy i imagine thats probably not untoward given you have just been injected witha form of steroid. I think bodybuilders experience similar experiences. Check wit your ps anyway though.

Do you have any pics you could show. Also what did the surgeon say the injections wuld do to help, and also are their any side effects?

thanks
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 05:03:39 AM by stonecold »

Offline removethese

• Posting Member
Who was your PS?  Any results yet?  My PS wants to give me injections too.

Offline silly_guy

• Silver Member
I'm starting to think it wasn't the shot that made me sick, cause the guy I sit next to at work had the chills today.  Kinda coincedental though.

Do you have any pics you could show. Also what did the surgeon say the injections wuld do to help, and also are their any side effects?

Yeah, I'll be posting some pics soon, waiting to see how these injections pan out.  Surgeon said that the injections help thin scar tissue.  I asked him about tissue atrophy, and he said it can happen, but mostly affects scar tissue.

Who was your PS?  Any results yet?  My PS wants to give me injections too.

It's only been a day so far.  Hard to tell cause I've been feeling cold.

What exactly are the risks of Kenallog steroid injections...

Hey np, on the questions, Nargle.  Info on this is hard to come by, so any discussion is a good thing.  I didn't ask him about the risks, which was quite dumb of me now that you mentioned it.  
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 05:22:00 PM by silly_guy »

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
Hi all,

Well I got some injections today, I'm about 7 months post-op.  I got several pricks from different angles in each nipple.  The needle goes right into the gland, most of them weren't too bad, but a couple were like "ow-wee!  :o"

Oh anyways, I got some body chills later in the day and feel a little yucky overall.  I was wondering if anyone else had a similiar experience.  I'll see how it goes and maybe ask my P.S., but thought I'd check with you all first.

Later,
Silly_Guy

what are these injections ? cortisone ?
... and the saga continues

Offline NoMoreBoobies

• Posting Member
I asked my PS about them because I am also 7 months post-op with a good bit of scare tissue, but he said there is a big risk in getting the injections because it may make the skin atrophy and it will look worse than it does now.

Offline silly_guy

• Silver Member
It was a Kenallog shot (spelling?).  

Things seem a little softer in there, not too sure.  Maybe a small difference so far, unfortunately its been a little cold.

I'll be sure to let yall know how it works out.

Offline silly_guy

• Silver Member
mmm, it wasn't rock hard before.  Maybe say kinda firm or something.  

It seems like some of the extra stuff on the perimeter is smaller, maybe that was scar tissue.  The whole thing seems a little less firm, maybe I was still swollen before (6 months post).

I can say that since the shot, my nips haven't gone back to max puffiness.  I guess its still a little early.  I've read other posts where people said the shot should take around 2-3 weeks.  

My PS suggested we give it a couple of months after which we can discuss the option of more shots.  This is fine with me, cause in the meantime I'm gonna hit the chest work-outs and I can consider whether its worth it or not.

Offline silly_guy

• Silver Member
Actually, just thought of something.  The way my right nip feels right now reminds me of the way it felt at about 4-5 weeks post-op, when I'd check it out.  At that time the gland was at the smallest I can remember.

After not wearing the vest though, the glands seemed to get bigger.  Guess that was the swelling, which makes sense now that I think about it, but didn't at the time.

I'm gonna say with confidence that there's been an improvement (got shot last Tues), and hopefully there will be more changes.  Just a little more and I'll be satisfied.

Offline silly_guy

• Silver Member
Also noticed that now theres a little empty space behind my nipple at times.  Like when I push on it now it goes flat really easily (resisted before), and sometimes it takes a brief moment to come back out.

Definitely reminds me of my early post-op days.

I'm starting to wonder if scar tissue and swelling always go away post-op.  I've read countless posts where ppl say things looked really good at first, but now they're all puffy again.  Maybe the swelling started and never subsided or hardened or something?

Offline NoMoreBoobies

• Posting Member
Yeah that's exactly how I am.  My chest looks 10 times better than it did before surgery, but for having all of my fat sucked out and the glands removed I have an aweful lot of squishy tissue in my lower chest and my nipples are puffy again.  It seems to be all scare tissue and that's why I wanted to get the injections. Keep me posted on how they are coming along

Offline removethese

• Posting Member
Any updates on the injections?

Offline silly_guy

• Silver Member
Well not much change since the first week.  I'm not as "puffy" as I was preinjection.  My nipples used to button-up, which was always my main concern.

Much of the time they look pretty good, sometimes I'm a little puffy, not sure if this is left-over gland or still some swelling.  

Either way when I flex my chest, I think it looks pretty good even with the small amount of puffiness still present.  This is encouraging me to hit the upper chest work-outs.

Not sure if another round of shots would be worth it, I'll ask my doc.

I'll post some pics when I'm completely done with all this, I'm maybe 75-80% satisfied with the results so far.  I wouldn't want to be completely flat, as that looks a little unnatural imo, but a  little less puffy would be great.

I'm thinking a little weight loss (10-15 lbs) and some muscle building would help make a difference too, cause I've noticed some body builders with a little puffiness, but they still look great.

Offline stupidgyne

• Posting Member
Hey sorry if I'm getting off the subject but I've been away for quite a while. Nargle1 said somthing about "Saline for a depressed nipple"? What is that? what does it do? I'm going on about a year and a half post op and my left nip inverts and folds inward at the tip of the nipple. I've been doing Cortizone shots and they seem to be helping a bit but not the fold at the tip of the nipple.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024