Author Topic: My vacation gyne story...  (Read 4519 times)

Offline turbo6

• Gold Member
  • They look better on girls anyway
Get comfortable, this one is a bit long.  ;)

So last week I went to North Carolina with my girlfriend to visit her dad and step mom there. We stayed for a week in their new house and about 4 days into the trip their washer broke.

I didn't really want to go 3 more days with dirty sweaty clothes so I asked them to drop me off at a laundry place. My gf was going to go but her two young step sisters begged her to stay and help them with their homework.

So I figured, ok i'll go by myself just pick me up in a few hours. Her dad was nice enough to drop me off that evening to this tiny little place to get my clothes washed.

I walked in to an empty place and wondered if anyone even worked here. The place was extremely hot, and the fact that it was 80 degrees already didn't help at all.
I noticed an employee sitting in the back reading, wearing a thick grey sweater with the company logo on it and shorts.

First reaction: Is this guy nuts? I could literally see the sweat rolling down his face. So I walk over to him and the quarter machine and understand why he has the sweater on.

As he walks past me I couldn't help but notice the C cups he was sporting. I grab my change and walk by him again, now while he sat and watched TV by my laundry.

"Wow, you must be pretty hot in that thing." I said to him. He said he is OK in a rather nervous way. We chatted for bit, as I noticed his shy demenor. I try to think of a 'pleasant' way to break the ice about gyne.

"You know, I used to wear sweaters like that to cover mine up, too" I blurt out without really thinking. I caught him off gaurd. Again, nervously he says "cover what?". I reply "My chest, I had a pretty big chest at one time."

Then the gyne conversation ensues. I lift up my shirt and say, "I just had surgery in July. See the scars and the swelling on this side?". I start telling him how it changed my life for the better, helped my confidence and all that stuff. He becomes a bit more at ease and starts telling me his side of the story.

He is 38 now, and had it since he was 12 or so. His case was a bit more severe than most, probably a large C or so. He was always overweight, but not enough to justify a chest that large. He spoke about the torment in middle/high school, always getting teased and grabbed. Next came stories of female rejection, angst, and alienation.

He dropped out of college to avoid the teasing any more. The parents weren't supportive at all, they justified it by being slightly overweight, saying it will go away with weight loss. After that he became reclusive, working menial jobs with little social contact and barely stayed in touch with family. He had very few friends.

He didn't know it was called gynecomastia, but was aware it was an actual condition. I told him surgery was the way to go but he insisted he was too broke. I talked about finiacing it, or getting a loan. I speculated surgery could probably be done for $5K or less around there.

I shared a few brief snippets of teenage struggle, and going thru with surgery and how it isn't bad at all. I could see he was interested, and he mentioned he was trading in his '96 truck for something new soon. He concluded a private party sale could help him get money for it. He almost seemed excited by the possibility.

We finished talking since he had to do a few things around the building, and I started folding my laundry. The guy seemed to have vanished, so I packed up my stuff and waited outside for my ride.

I sat there in awe of the conversation, since I've never spoke of it to anyone but my girlfriend. Out of nowhere I hear a voice and turn around, "Hey" he says in an almost apologetic voice. "Thank you for thr advice, it was very inpspiring. I think I'm going to go thru with it." He extends his hand, we shake and say good bye as he goes back inside to close the place down.

In a way I felt bad for the guy. He lived his life for the longest time as a depressed, alienated person. On the other hand, I think he sounded sincere when he said he was pretty sure he was opting for surgery now. The fact is, its never too late to change your life. I'm just glad I did earlier.
[shadow=white,left,300];D Surgery Done On: 7.31.03...Revision surgery soon ;D[/shadow]

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
way to GO, dude, you ROCK.  (not that it matters, but did you give him the site too?)  

and your long posts always make for a great read.  
« Last Edit: November 16, 2003, 08:05:02 PM by headheldhigh01 »
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline The_Gynenator

• Silver Member
  • Arnold fan!
Damn good story! Very touching.

I think turbo6 has the best avatar.  :o ;D ;)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2004, 09:06:53 PM by The_Gynenator »
Had surgery with Dr. Bermant in February, 2004.

Screwgyne

Good stuff turbo.  A very touching story.  I know it was difficult to bring up but I guarantee you changed that guys life for the better.  Not only does he not feel so alone and like an outcast anymore, but you gave him hope for the future, which as we all know, is priceless.  Way to go bro

Offline turbo6

• Gold Member
  • They look better on girls anyway
Wow. Old topic. I definately will remember the event for the rest of my life, though. This kinda makes me wonder whatever happened to the guy.

On a totally unrelated note, I wish I brought back more Yuengling beer and Cheerwine soda when I was down there. That stuff rocked. Too bad its not around up north.

Screwgyne

Oh my God, Cheerwine.  My aunt and uncle live in NC and whenever I visit them I always stock up on it.  Yeah, I wish they had it up North too.  Hmmm, maybe it causes gyne?  Oh no

Offline jayk0523

• Posting Member
  • Tee-shirts aren't my thing man!
Cheerwine ROX!!!!
When the number of cups of coffee equal or exceed the number of hours slept in a night, great things are on the verge of happening!

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Merle / Simon, great story, but can it be retired or viewed on gyne.org/classics? :)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2005, 07:48:18 AM by jc71 »

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
I remember this one from way back.

Offline masterofu

• Posting Member

Wow. Old topic. I definately will remember the event for the rest of my life, though. This kinda makes me wonder whatever happened to the guy.

On a totally unrelated note, I wish I brought back more Yuengling beer and Cheerwine soda when I was down there. That stuff rocked. Too bad its not around up north.

I live in NC. Its actually hard to type while holding a Cheerwine...ahhh. Burp. 'cuse me. Bout to go cook me some grits..later

Offline SC GameCOCKS

• Gold Member
  • Unsuccessful Lipo...Excision Revision..still Puffy
Yuengling beer is made in PA
8 years of suffering Mild gyne...
2 surgeries & $6,000 later....
         STILL PUFFY   :/

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024