Author Topic: Questions/About ME/Introduction  (Read 2458 times)

Offline arf

Ok first off i'd like to introduce myself, lets call me arf, as I would rather be annoymous. I recently discovered this whole medical issue known as gynecomastia the other day and have pretty much been browsing this and other sites for hours on end now. I'm not even entirely sure I even have gynecomastia, i'm pretty sure I do, however it's mostly just fat from being overweight. Unfortunatly I don't have a webcam as of yet so I have no pictures, which is probably a relief! Anyways, I havn't always been overweight, except I was so young I dont even remember. From viewing pictures as a kid I was a skinny kid with a very flat chest, not that this matters since most cases start around the ages of 12+ from what i've read. And I can remember being overweight to a point that i've had "man-boobs" for roughly 7-8 years. It could be less, or more, I don't remember much then. I did a lot of summers sitting around watching tv and eating large meals or playing on the computer, I rarly ate breakfast or stayed active, so you can imagine I didn't loose much weight at all. I'm around 5'8, I think.. (stopped growing) And 235lbs. I've worked doing roofing on houses for 3 years straight and lost a lot of weight a year back.  I do have a good ammount of muscle mass though, I used to benchpress and play football in highschool, people usually say I have pretty big shoulders. Infact I guess I have an overall large boned body aside from the fact that i'm not tall. I'm going to try and cut as much babble about myself as possible and get straight to the few questions I have btw. Anyways, i'm overweight, duh. My stomache sticks out past my man-boobs, which I guess is a good thing I guess, because they're definatly not enjoyable to have. These things have pratically ruled my life and it's time I change this. I should probably mention I can unfortunatly get a handful of my man-boob. Sucks, I know. I'm now starting a cardio only exercise plan and going on a diet of eating 5-6 small meals throughout the day instead of 3 large meals. I may stick with a large breakfast and cut the smaller meals into 4-5 or something, I'm not sure. I'm going to do the guerilla cardio workout and start off slow, then push myself to my limits and continue this 6 days a week for a year or two. I'll probably combine this cardio workout with some weight lifting, probably incline benchpress as my lowerpecs are virtually not there at the moment. I've lost weight and gained weight over the last 4 years, I used to do mason and roofing work and to say the least I actually noticed my manboobs get smaller, however, I stopped working for an entire winter, spring, and a good portion of the summer and didn't do much of anything a year back, can you guess what happened? Ok now the blabbing is almost over, almost. Now my chest area, I'd say I worked up some muscle there that is barly visible but with the added fat, and probably some gland spread around they are fairly large. I can actually flex my pec muscle if I try. I'm pretty embarrassed and self-concious about them. I havn't gone swimming in about 2 years i'd say, (I have an in-ground pool for crying out loud!!) and when I did, i'd never ever take off my shirt. Used to love it, but pretty much gave up on that. It's just too embarrassing for me, I felt really uncomfortable. I figure if I do my plan for a year or two, then start off with weight lifting I could actually make my man-boobs mostly dissapear. Of course it's a silly thing to even try to make them completely dissapear, it won't happen, I'll proabably get a vin diesel chest, which actually isn't bad. I guess the chicks dig him. This is just a good guess from feeling around my breast and trying to figure out what is muscle, what is the glands, and what is the fat. Most of it is muscle and fat. Oh and my nipples aren't puffy either.

Anyways, dunno why I even bothered mentioning all that seeing as how I mostly wanted to ask these questions, but I hope someone read it and perhaps might want to give some feedback or comment/give me a better plan to follow.

Questions time.

First off is I know 99% of those "Magic-weight-loss" nonsense pills don't work, but i'm curious of the one called 'diet aid of questionable value', no one has even mentioned it on this site as far as I can tell. From my browsing I hear the search feature doesn't work so well on here and didn't get any results for 'diet aid of questionable value'. But incase you havn't heard it's normally a womans breast reduction pill, but they made some for males supposably. I've seen some before/after pictures of the women (woohoo!) and their breasts shrunk a pretty noticable ammount. Go figure they dont have any male pictures though. Though I probably won't buy it, i'm kinda skeptical since when I googled it, it showed multipul sites with different or similar url names to the same exact website. For instance: www.gynecomastia-cure.info and www.gynecomastiacure.info those are the two supposable male breast reduction pill sites, almost the same url. Then lets see theres www.breastreductionpills.com and www.breastreductionpill.com these two have the same layout, similar urls but are for women. www.alexiabreast.com is another one I found but seems to be a different layout and for women. I couldn't really find any info about this product other than these random shady sites. Probably another scam to get your money anyways. I type way too much, I doubt many people will even bother reading all this. To my last question!

I noticed a few people have purchased those undershirts from www.underworks.com . They seem awesome but how good are they? Do they really hold your chest back? What about your stomache? And most importantly is it really noticable when you wear a t-shirt? I only have one white t-shirt, and I probably won't be wearing it. Most of my other shirts are dark colored. I normally wear a wife-beater tucked into my pants with a belt tight around my waist to "bring my man-boobs down" so they are less noticable. I'm considering either style 998, 987 or 983 but i'm not sure which one to get. I will probably get two since I don't know which size to get and I dont want to get something to big or too small. I think I may get a small and medium to ensure I look the smoothest and flattest possible. Could someone comment on your movabliity while wearing these shirts? Are you able to stretch far and have good reflexes in these? If I run or move around too much will I bust out or the shirt pop over my gut or anything I would rather not happen? I suppose these are better than wife-beaters tucked in so that they end up pulling out as soon as I raise my arm. I'm glad it's winter here still so I have some time to prepare for the hellish summer.

Anyways, some feedback on my shirts question would be mostly appreciated, and of course any feedback on anything else I rambled on about would be appreciated also. Thanks everyone, have a nice day.

Ps. WOOOWEEE I just previewed my thread! I must've been typing for the last 10 minutes! Haha! Hopefully not everyone on the internet are lazy readers and say "oh this is way too much to read!"  ;D

pps. This isn't really a "do I have it?" post either, i'm pretty sure I have small case of glands if anything, and the rest is just from being overweight, or obese if you perfer.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 02:26:47 PM by arf »

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Weight loss may diminish the total mass of the breasts, but as the skin has been stretched, you will likely be left with sagging or pendulous breasts. This can be surgically reduced, but the weight control must be done first in order to have a really satisfactory surgical outcome.

With respect to the Glandular tissue, Fat is again an issue as it is in the fat cells that Testosterone is converted to Estrogen. This conversion should diminish as the fat comes off and the breast glands will start to degrade very slowly; Probably so slowly as to be unacceptable to you.  Here again, Surgery cad address this issue but as before the fat needs to come off first for the best surgical outcome.

Sometimes the excessive fat and the breast growth have actually been caused by an Estrogen/Testosterone relationship that is not what it should be.

It is usually in your best interest to see an  Edocrinologist and have your hormone levels checked.

Following this, it is usually advisable to see a Psychologist.  People who have Gynecomastia frequently suffer from low self esteem and even depression, The Psychologist can be a great help in many ways.

We who have Gynecomastia are actually in the majority, it affects about 2/3 of all males at one time or another. Though pubertal Gynecomastia frequently degrades, there are many of us who continue to have enlarged breasts long after puberty. There are a legion of reasons for this. The condition is usually harmless in purely physical terms, but the Psychological damage can be severe.

One very important reason for always having the condition checked out is that there are a long list of conditions of which Gynecomastia is a symptom.

Good Luck!
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024