Author Topic: newbie with questions  (Read 1703 times)

Offline willc

• Posting Member
yea so i just recently stopped playing football and have decided to go through with the surgery(that i have been putting off since highschool). few questions.  if i cant get the insurance company to pay how much am i looking at?  In about 4 months ill be goign on a cruise, would it be smart to have my surgery before or after?  (Id really like to have a flat chest on the beach)  With football ive been working out pretty seriously for a long time and im wondering if i will lose alotta strength with the time off from my recovery?  and how long will it take for me to like run let alone lift heavy?  this is my first time posting so if anyone can give any input on this i would be very greatful

Offline nowchase

• Bronze Member
    • "Me vs. My Breast"
look me about 2 month to full recovery after surgery, in toronto dr. fielding will charge $1,200... pretty decent if you compared to poor americans who are paying 4k to 5k
Free Documentary "Me vs. My Breast"
http://individual.utoronto.ca/charlesh/documentary

Offline willc

• Posting Member
so in two months you said you were fully healed and good like take ur shirt off?  where is this doctor field at?

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
Recovery from surgery comes down to two main factors.  What your surgeon advises and what your body tells you.

I started power walking within a week of surgery.  I started light weights and stretching at week three.  I am now in week five and just about back to full resistance training in the gym.  There is still slight discomfort when running so I take it easy.

Most people seem to be ok by week six.  But as I say, only ever go by what your surgeon advises.  If at any point you feel pain or discomfort related to surgery then stop and give yourself a few days rest.

Whilst it's frustrating sitting around not being about to continue with fitness, it will only take a few weeks to catch up to the point you was at before surgery.  I planned when to have my surgery so that I would be fully recovered and back to peak fitness by the summer.

Hope that helps.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024