Author Topic: workout  (Read 3853 times)

Offline willc

• Posting Member
waht can expect as a worst/best case scenerio to when i get back to working out?  also my gf has enterd me and her friends into a volleyball tournament. its 3 weeks + after my surgery so i dont know if ill do it but its a girls thing, low impact, no like diving or nothn really.  any advice is greatly appreciated. tahnks

Offline johndoe

• Silver Member
I think 3 weeks should be just enough time, but when you lift your arms above your head your also stretching your chest, which can slow your recovery a little bit.

I'm waiting a full month before I start any type of stretching or upper body activity again. After 2 weeks I'm gonna start doing cardio again.

Offline brownman

• Gold Member
legs/abs 3 days maybe b4 starting again

um running/jogging probly a week and maybe two

full training like bench probly wait 3 weeks or a  month reccomended

Offline craiglos

• Posting Member
You guys are CRAZY!!!!!
I have been trainning 6 days a week double sessions the last 2 years. I have consulted many other bodybuilders who have had the same sugery and the consenses is.......no sooner than 6 weeks!

I had my sugery on May 3rd & there is NO WAY IN HELL I am going to take the chance and go back (as much as it is driving me crazy NOT too) before 6 weeks. To take the chance is ludicrise!

Why chance setting myself back probably another 4-6 weeks?
Good luck but, I would wait at LEAST 6 weeks!

Offline craiglos

• Posting Member
I amde 2 errors in my last poest ....sorry

I had my surgery on MARCH 3rd
    &
Wait  no less than weeks  

Offline willc

• Posting Member
coming back from my last meeting with my doctor before the surgery they told me nothn before 6 weeks.  they told me that i will also have to wear the vest after the surgery the entire six weeks.  did u all do that?

Offline johndoe

• Silver Member
My dr. told me to wear the compression garment all the time for 2 weeks. I am planning on wearing it at night when I sleep after the 2 weeks are up for an addition 2 weeks.

6 weeks seems a little long to me, but hey I'd listen to your dr.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...

6 weeks seems a little long to me, but hey I'd listen to your dr.

Ditto....  ;)

Johh.

Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline crow

• Gold Member
  • All a big help thanks
waht can expect as a worst/best case scenerio to when i get back to working out?  also my gf has enterd me and her friends into a volleyball tournament. its 3 weeks + after my surgery so i dont know if ill do it but its a girls thing, low impact, no like diving or nothn really.  any advice is greatly appreciated. tahnks

Hi willc,

Ya I would wait but my PS told me its okay to do some work outs only after 3 weeks........I guess it depends on how bad your case is and how u heal......I woul'dnt chance anything uless your PS say to and your body feels good to......I have done light work outs now and im at 3 weeks........I had a mild case puffy aloera and so it may just be what your having done.......I still hurt so u really have to wait and find out.......Jumpping hurts more than liffing light wieghts thats for sure...... 8)

Good luck 8)
This is a great site and all should be proud to take part........

Offline craiglos

• Posting Member
Hi Guys

I agree that it all depends on what your ps says, mind told me 6 weeks. Im sure none of us want to compramise our surgery.I guess I would rather be safe than sorry. if you put my name in the browser "Craig J Lospaluto" and go to amature bodybuilders you will see my picture. I am hell bent on getting back to that. I know Im only about 3-4 months of diet and trainning away. I look forward to that but now with a much more desirable chest.

I wish all you guys the best. If you ever want to talk you can reach me at :
Craiglos@optonline.net  

Best too All!
Craig

Offline crow

• Gold Member
  • All a big help thanks
Hi Guys

I agree that it all depends on what your ps says, mind told me 6 weeks. Im sure none of us want to compramise our surgery.I guess I would rather be safe than sorry. if you put my name in the browser "Craig J Lospaluto" and go to amature bodybuilders you will see my picture. I am hell bent on getting back to that. I know Im only about 3-4 months of diet and trainning away. I look forward to that but now with a much more desirable chest.

I wish all you guys the best. If you ever want to talk you can reach me at :
Craiglos@optonline.net  

Best too All!
Craig

Okay I work out and have okay body for my age but from what I can tell from the website you don't have anything in common with the forum,,,,,,,,,Mabey from before u were like all..........I would like u to post your pics of what your concerned about so I can evaluate my position in comparison and everyone eleses..........It wouldbe helpful......... 8) MAN WOULD LIKE TO LOOK LIKE THAT............ :D
« Last Edit: March 25, 2006, 05:35:26 PM by crow »

Offline craiglos

• Posting Member
I have tried to post my pics on this site but too no evail I am unable. My situation fits this forum perfectly. I had the surgery do to what many call "BITCH breasts" which usually come from steroids. As my PS asked me "did you or do you take steroids" I replied YES I have, but it has been 6 years since my last cycle. He feels the reason I developed this is due to my prior steroid usage.

I am 6 years post any bodybuilding shows and train as a cross trainer. More for the health than the look. The surgery was necessary though because it was evedant that there was now an abnormality. So please dont feel I do not fit this forum for I do as much as any other person that has gone or will go through this surgery.
Good Luck!
Craig

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024