Author Topic: Andractim inadvisable & ineffective in my case?  (Read 2550 times)

Offline spaceace

• Bronze Member
Would Andractim be inadvisable & ineffective in my case?  I’m specifically wondering if my DHT is too high to attempt treatment.

Lab results:  

TEST RESULTS            REFERENCE UNITS  
FSH:   1.3                     1-11 IU/L    
LH:     2.9                      1-8   IU/L    
Prolactin: 8                    3-13    ug/L  
Total Test: 19.0              10-28   nmol/L  
SSBG:   39                   11-52   nmol/L  
Free  
Androgen  
Index:    0.49                 0.25-1.00  
DHT: 1704 pmol/L          Adult Males 20-49 yrs: 217-1650 pmol/L
Estradiol:    95               50-218     pmol/L  
Prog  
Serum:    2                    1-5    nmol/L
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 11:15:24 AM by spaceace »

Offline Sir_Puffs-a-lot

• Bronze Member
Wow buddy, I really have no idea. Do you live in the UK? Are you trying to get it from a doc.? I'm on it right now, but I can't really condone your use of it unless you know what you're getting into. Sounds like you've done some level of research on it...did the doctor say that your DHT level was abnormal? Did you even go to a doctor? If you didn't, you should. The only person I know of here who could answer your original question for ya is Hypo...I haven't seen him post in a while, but you could try contacting him: Hypo-Is-Here is his name. Best of luck, -J.

Offline spaceace

• Bronze Member
Hi Sir_Puffs-a-lot,

I live in North America and I received my Andractim from All Saints Clinic.  However, after seeing that my DHT is high normal, I fear that using Andractim may be detrimental to my health and/or may be ineffective.  

My PSA results were normal.  

If I do use Andractim, I plan on stopping if I don't see at least some results within 10 days.

Offline brm

• Bronze Member
Seeing the labs standards you give, your DHT is a little over the top figure. DHT is better in surplus than in "default" except if it makes your hair shed. I don't believe that the local use of a DHT gel like andractim may have any serious systemic effect apart from the one I've just quoted. I take it from an endo. I'was on Andractim for 2 months. Some bloodtest revealed a very high DHT level while on the drug, which didn't translate into any health impairment or even  any such feeling. Except it made my hair shed... Which is a real pain for me. The minimum test period in terms of efficiency is 2 months. I think it has slightly helped reduce my gyno.

Offline spaceace

• Bronze Member
Does DHT return to previous levels upon stopping Andractim?

Offline downsbs

• Posting Member
Andractim sucks.  That is all.
I got one sweet breast.  Grrrr.

Offline Sir_Puffs-a-lot

• Bronze Member
Andractim sucks.  That is all.

So, I haven't decided yet if you guys are just TRYING to give bad advice on these threads, or just don't know any better. Either way, you're dumb. I'm not going to waste my time explaining this again. You can see my thread if you want, (*Andractim Results!*) or continue temper tantruming. I don't care. I just hope stupid isn't contageous.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 01:26:16 PM by Sir_Puffs-a-lot »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024