Author Topic: Advice to conivince dr. to preform surgury  (Read 2410 times)

Offline camarojoe

• Posting Member
admitidly - I have a pretty minor case. Puffy nipples mostly, with glands about 1 or 2 cm in diameter

Ive had this for about 10 years, mabey longer. I suffered (and still do) for a long time with body image, I was about 40 pounds over weight. I started dieting about 6 years ago. I lost all 40 lbs. -pretty ridiculas

Then I got into bodybuilding nearly 2 years ago, and ive gained 35lb of lean muscle with lots of hard work and a good diet. My body is drastically diffrent - but I still feel insecure/akward/depressed about my nipples and in turn, my whole body....

I finally went to see a doctor about the gyno this year. My GP said its not to bad - but to see a plastic surgeon if I wanted it removed. I went...

the surgeon told me they were small - and asked "how concerned" I was. Stupidly I said "not really, only a little"

He gave me an appointment in 3 months and said if I was still interested, or if they grew at all he would remove them. (Hes a friend of my fathers, so insurance would cover everything.)

He seamed pretty reluctant to remove the glands, but did recognize them.  I want these gone - Ive suffered long enough. how should I express that to him?

In the long run, Im hoping surgury is the answer - but my emotional scars are pretty deep... I almost cant believe I actually care this much about it.

kicka

i sympathise with ya mate.my situation sounds very similar i put on weight lost it and now im stuck with the glands! seems silly dont it! I no ive got a good body yet just the nipples ruin it!
Also whenever i have an appointment with the doctor i cant seem to put through how much this affects me,so my idea is next time i go i will send them a letter (or take it with me) explaining everything,that way i no ill leave nothing out.
Have the op if youve got the chance! i would

Offline brownman

• Gold Member
for the nipple thing dont waste your time  man tis not worth it.. the discomfort/annoyance of the vest or tensor for three weeks for such a minor thing.. Check my pics in the canada forum that requires surjury for a normal life.. no woman cares about your nipples..... just wrok out and it will look better as your chest muscles expand.

Offline camarojoe

• Posting Member
for the nipple thing dont waste your time  man tis not worth it.. the discomfort/annoyance of the vest or tensor for three weeks for such a minor thing.. Check my pics in the canada forum that requires surjury for a normal life.. no woman cares about your nipples..... just wrok out and it will look better as your chest muscles expand.

thanks for the advise, I wish it was so easy
my chest is big and developed (approx 45inches). and it STILL bothers me.

Im positive girls dont care about my nipples - only I care... Im really beginging to think Ive got some type of condition!!

I simply cannot stop thinkin or obsessing about it...

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
Can we see some pics so we know what we're dealing with?

It could all be in your head in which case you could save your money by understanding that your condition falls within the "normal range."

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member

No... puffy nipples are just as big of a concern to some people, just because you "think" your case was worst it does not give you the right to belittle his issue. I do agree that we should see some pics to see how bad we are talking here. But I do think that the original poster is rather tired of people just telling him to "live with it".

Offline usb905

• Posting Member
I've been reading the forum a lot the last few weeks and brownman is talking a lot.  Seems like an attitude problem or something.

I just had surgery with Dr. Fielding in Toronto on the 19th.  So far the results look quite good and I'm quite pleased.

Minor discomfort after surgery and mild annoyance with a tensor bandage for a few weeks is NOTHING at all compared to the shame of gynecomastia I lived with.  Compare: 3 wks of discomfort vs. the next 3000 wks of your life.  No comparrison.

If it bothers you, look into surgery - worked wonders for me [fingers still crossed]

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free

True, most women won't care about a little enlargement of the nipple. I had this for years and never had any problems with girls.
But, I had a problem with it. I wasn't able to fully relax and "live normally" until I got it taken care of. Was it in my head? Probably. But, getting it taken care of was the greatest relief.
I've had 2 surgeries and spent about $5K and I don't regret any of it... only that I hadn't done it sooner.

Offline brownman

• Gold Member
I've been reading the forum a lot the last few weeks and brownman is talking a lot.  Seems like an attitude problem or something.

I let it slide for the record.

I dunno man lets see some pics, i do reason with you but i paid for my surjury + tuition and books and shit this year and it iis rough saving the money and finding the time and keep on going. I just wouldnt wanna see anybody work their ass off like i had for a few months when it may not really be that bad. If it bothers you go for it, i am in canada so i had the gov take most of the bill, for you americans it will be significantly harder to save the funds when you have other commmitments to worry about too.

And well if women don't care your good in my opinion.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024