Author Topic: Hey, I'm new here...  (Read 1841 times)

Offline BillyJean

• Posting Member
Hey guys, I just joined. I've had this since my Freshman  year now, Im now a Junior (High School). I wouldn't call myself fat, I'm not skinny either though, I'm about 6'0 180lb. The actual "breast" part of my chest isn't really all that big, I would like it to be smaller but I could probably do that with more exercise. But it's the puffy nipples that bother me. They do have hard parts under them which I read mean I have this.

Is there a chance it could still go away naturally? I really only started puberty early in my sophomore year, I've grown about 7 inches since then. I haven't really talked to anyone about it though my parents have noticed it and a doctor did say something once during a checkup a few years ago. I was just wondering what you all think I should do? I ware tight undershirts which help a bit, but what about something like underarmor, I ware that during our lacrosse games which actually seem to make them even smaller then just tight undershirts. I don't want to do surgery but what do you guys think? They really kind of suck and I try not to make it obvious in front of friends but I'm pretty self-conscious about it.

Thanks for your help and this web site. :)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 02:56:24 PM by BillyJean »

Offline tnel00son

• Silver Member
well if you think you are still in puberty, then they have a chance of going away, i wouldnt get your hopes up tho, if you have them at about 17, they usually wont go away  :-/  it sucks, trust me, we all know how you feel

Offline BillyJean

• Posting Member
well if you think you are still in puberty, then they have a chance of going away, i wouldnt get your hopes up tho, if you have them at about 17, they usually wont go away  :-/  it sucks, trust me, we all know how you feel

Ok, thanks, I'll try to keep my hopes up. :-/

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
There can sometimes be a genetic element.

All the men in my family have gynecomastia so it is not a big deal among us. Try to get a good family history and see if anyone else had the condition and what their outcome was. If it is a family issue, your results should be similar to theirs.

You'll need to be well through puberty before you should give up on their shrinking.  

The previously mentioned age of 17 may be good in general terms, but the stage of your physical maturation could vary. If you want to know where you are in that regard, an evaluation by and Endocrinologist who has specialized in reproductive issue would be of great value.
Grandpa Dan

Offline BillyJean

• Posting Member
There can sometimes be a genetic element.

All the men in my family have gynecomastia so it is not a big deal among us. Try to get a good family history and see if anyone else had the condition and what their outcome was. If it is a family issue, your results should be similar to theirs.

You'll need to be well through puberty before you should give up on their shrinking.  

The previously mentioned age of 17 may be good in general terms, but the stage of your physical maturation could vary. If you want to know where you are in that regard, an evaluation by and Endocrinologist who has specialized in reproductive issue would be of great value.

Great info, thanks a lot!

Offline Hypo-is-here

Paw Paw = quality!

Offline ecj

• Posting Member
Are you interested in telling your story?  I am working on a news story about gynecomastia.  Would you be interested?  It is NOT our intention to embarrass you.  We want to bring attention to this issue and hopefully help another young man confronting the same issue.  Thank you!

Offline markashleigh1979

• I've had my final operation :)
I am glad you have stopped asking for young boys......that scared me...lol. Still find your constant asking in the wrong sections still a bit freaky...lol. I don't want my pics to end up on a fetish site....lol

I think you will have more look asking in the lounge area ( off topic) rather than on a thread.....Unless you start the thread  ;D

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024