Author Topic: PLZ READ AND HELP!  (Read 3437 times)

Offline Jr.RivsHockey6

• Posting Member
Ok so i have puberty gynecomastia. i found this out when someone pointed it out in the begining of my hockey season in the begining of the fall. I think i had started over the summer tho. but my reasoning for this topic is im trying to figure out how long till my gynecomastia will go away and im hoping some of u can help. i am 14. i have already noticed the swelling has gone down a tad bit since the fall(the first time i noticed it). and in this past 2 months i have noticed i have been growing hair all over my body like crazy. in my pits, legs,and face even a bit.Also like a couple times  a week i will lose my voice randomly so i think my voice is changing..... so i was kinda wondering...does this mean the gynecomastia will go away soon since im getting farther into puberty and does gynecomastia end when u end puberty or can it end before puberty ends? So i could use any help from people!!!

thanks in advance!!!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
It may never go away Dude....  :o :o :o

I turned 41 last Nov. 24 and had Gyne since I was 10. Had the Op this Feb. 16th. That's 31 years living with the disfigurement.  :-/ :'( :-/  The Nightmare is finally over! :D

I realy hope that your Gyne disappears naturally during or after puberty. Be prepared though, for it just may never go away. :-/
« Last Edit: February 25, 2005, 01:13:44 PM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline 3timer

• Posting Member
  • Your gonna cut what off?
Hey man I wouldn't get too excited yet at 14 years old. I don't know what extent your gyne is at but puberty can change you in many ways. Like Bambu I have had gyne since I was in my pre-teens and it never went away. At age 37 I too just had surgery to correct this but not everyone has to do this. It depends on how severe the gyne is and how much it bothers you. My brother in law had puffy nips as a young teen but flattened out by the time he hit 17-18. He is a boxer and built like a brick so god help anyone who tries to tease him about it anyway. LOL  My point is, if its not that bad try to ignore the comments and live normally if you can. For some reason it seems that people have a real facination with male breasts. You can hardly turn on the tv now without seeing someone on there making fun of some guy with a gyne problem. Thats what makes it so hard for us to accept the problem when we have it. We all can relate. Good luck man!!!

Offline Jr.RivsHockey6

• Posting Member
This sucks.............i wanna just cut them off with a knife......i cant make any friends nor get undressed in front of anyone with this stuff

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Your condition and concern is not at all uncommon. Up to this point, You are really quite normal.  

You have indicated that there has been slight resolution (shrinking) which is a good sign.  This reduction in size may continue slowly over several years.  Though as you gain and lose weight through your teens the breast size can be expected to fluctuate also.  

Your condition will usually stabilize before you are out of your teens.  

It is always a good idea to see your doctor about such things.
Grandpa Dan

Gine2D

At your age the hormones are uneven.  It would seem that in the past you had high estrogen & low testosterone.

Now it seems that your body has reversed to higher testosterone & lower estrogen.  Now they may be in the correct balance for a male. This happens in boys & girls at this time in their life.

Mine did not balance & I had  boobs that grew larger each year.

Yours may contine to shrink, or stay the same size & not get any larger.

After puberty you usually keep what you have & may grow larger if the hormone estrogen E2 is not kept low.

Good luck

G

Offline Spleen

Don't sweat it too much.  I don't think it's possible to tell when and if it will go away, but I think it does go away for more teens than not.  Also, remember that the experiences you'll hear on this forum are all from guys who *didn't* have it go away.  All the guys who did have gyne disappear in their teen years aren't hanging out on gynecomastia discussion forums.  So while this forum will be helpful, remember that it's populated by a bunch of guys, like myself, who's gyne did not go away.  Therefore, we may not be the most representative sample if you want to take a poll about whether it will disappear or not.

Hang in there and don't let puberty mess with you too much.  The changes are fast and dramatic, but you'll be out the other side in no time.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024