Author Topic: Dr Julio Garcia, Las Vegas /Considering Delgado,CA  (Read 1795 times)

Offline fff

• Posting Member
Hello! I am 22 and I live in Las Vegas, I've been reading these boards for a few months now. I've had gyne since puberty (moderate case), but I only learned what it is about a year or two ago. I am considering having a surgery this fall.

Dr. Garcia, LV

Two months ago I went to see Dr Julio Garcia in Las Vegas, because he was the only surgeon in the area that claims on his website that gyne surgeries are one of his specialities. I wasn't very happy with the consultation. First I watched a movie about the surgery, then I talked to the nurse, and then I saw the dr.

The dr said that he needs to do excision only in 25% of the cases. I didn't believe him, because I learned from these boards that if a surgeon says something like that then he probably isn't a very good gyne PS. He says on his website that he performs about  25-30 gyne surgeries a year, which isn't very many anyway. Then I asked to see some photos, but the nurse could only show me a few low quality photos of 2 or 3 people that were overweight before the surgeries.

The cost of the surery w/ dr Garcia is $4,600 for my moderate case (3400 - surgeon's fee, 850 - operating room, 300 - anesthesia, 50 - garments). The paper they gave me says any touch-up surgeries "entail additional expenses". I forgot to ask them personaly about the cost of a second surgery. He said that one is required in 5% of the cases. They also told me about a payment plan through some credit company.

I had to wait more than a month for the consultation, and it would have been about 3 more months before the surgery.

Dr. Delgado

Now I am considering having the surgery w/ Dr Delgado in Novato, CA. That's an hour away from San Francisco International Airport. Dr Delgado has an office in SF too, but he is there only in Wednesdays, and he only performs surgeries in Novato.

A surgery w/ Delagdo may cost me about $10,000 (surgery $6600 - $7700 + airplane tickets + hotel...), but I will have the money soon, so that's not important. The hard part is that somebody will have to come with me and we will have to stay 1 week in Novato or San Francisco. It will probably be hard to convince my parents to come w/ me. It's even hard for me to convince myself. It would have been so much easier if I could do this here in LV.

The other thing that bothers me is that if I have the surgery I will have to change my job, because my current coworkers will know (it would be obvious) and that would be sooo embarasing.

Of course what bothers me the most is the chance that the result may not be as good as I want. I'm not yet sure if I'm going to have the surgery. It's so unusual...

I hope this info will be helpful for somebody.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024