Author Topic: Questions and Concerns (photos included)  (Read 1740 times)

Offline Scapegoat

Hello, I'm 17.5 years old and I think i've discovered the reason for my unproportionally large, bulging nipples.

You guessed it.  Gynecomastia!

Anyway, I'm not positive on this as I have not seen any doctors.  I'm wondering about a few things, but I will provide some background first.

When I was 15 I noticed that there was a "mass" behind each of my nipples.  This caused them to be slightly larger and they were very sensitive to the touch (to put it mildily, titty twisters hurt a bit more than normal).  I had heard about teenager's occasionally experiencing such a phenomenon and that it eventually resolved itself, so i didn't really worry about it.  I think eventually, the pain subsided as I don't really remember having any problems for about 1.5 years after that.  

Then, last summer i noticed that my nipples were a bit more 'prominent' than they should be and that they had a nasty tendency of poking out of my shirt, which was obviously unattractive.  I deduced that it was just that thing from before and that it would go away soon.  Now, 1 year later I still have the same problem.  I can feel a mass behind my nipples and they are usually rather inflamed.  Although, cold air and pinching the mass usually cures this for a short period of time.

I've been doing some reading, and a lot of sites have said that this condition is a result of some whore moan problems and that it will resolve itself after puberty.  I'm hoping this is the case, but I think I'm pretty much close to the end of puberty.  I started late (probably around 15) and I have only been shaving for about 6 months.

I've never done any steroids or drugs.  I do weightlift off and on (right now it's on again) and I would say I'm a very fit person (6"1', 150.)  

Take a look at these pictures, and tell me if i have mild gynecomastia (it's obviously not severe)

I'm not as bothered by the condition as some people here, but I do find it rather annoying.  I hate being self-conscious and I would really like to be able to wear t-shirts without having my nipples protrude so much.

Also, regarding surgery.  It seems there amongst those who get the surgery, there are very mixed results.  Are these haphazard results caused of poor doctors, patients not heeding their doctors advice, or do they just occur randomly in some people.

I did not see very many success stories, and I don't really want to undertake surgery unless there's a pretty damn good chance that it will resolve the condtion.  

I am eager for any responses.  

Yo

You will probably have to wait to have surgery to make sure you're done growing.

Weightlifting is good for you but it will also make your chest look worse. It pushes the gland out further. (atleast thats what happened to me)

As for success stories, they move on. The problems are what you hear about most of the time.

Offline trucker

• Posting Member
A very very mild case of gyno behind the areola. I'm certain nobody but you will ever notice if they remain the size they are.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024