Author Topic: What to do ?? (scar tissue round 2) ??  (Read 2358 times)

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
Hey y'all.
I had gyne surgery (minor minor lipo +excision) in april 2005. developed a massive amount of scar tissue a few weeks after surgery, which never went away.It was equal to the size of my gyne prior to its excision.

flash forward to april 06. Had a second "revision" surgery primarily to excise the chunks of scar tissue + a tiny bit more lipo.

first 4-5 weeks post-op everything was totally flat,perfect and I was thrilled, thinking Id finally got to where I wanted to be. Then week 5/6 developed massive lumps of chunky scar tissue (again, at least equal to what I had before), which have since created massive problems in terms of hard puffy nipples again, contour issues and severe folds (that make my nipple fold in half literally) across my aerola when flexing inwards.

Basically Im absolutely distraught now at approx. 13 weeks post-op no.2. wondering what the fukk to do, since The surgery was to remove the scar tissue, but again has just resulted in more scar tissue building again... (obviously something to do with my bodys healing and genetics)

what the hell do I do now?

I been thinking about cortisone shots but when I asked my ps about them in 2005, he was very negative and said they wouldnt help the issue and he wouldnt do them. Ill probably ask him about them again, at my 6 month follow-up anyway.

I fear that a third surgery (and the accompanying,time-consuming arrangements,$$ and post-op care) will literally sap the last  of what energy and life I have left after 6/7 years with gyne and 2  relatively unsuccessful surgeries( I dont call a 25-30% improvement but nowwith a host of additional problems, a success)  

where  do I go to from here?

Tony
... and the saga continues

Offline antsg2002

• Posting Member
Hey, ive had three operations now - first and second to remove gyne the third to try and fix the scarring, i went to my surgeon after a few months and said that i wasnt too happy with it - he was kind enough to have a go however this isnt always so easy so suggestions below which have been passed on to myself...

1) - The Sun is a great healer as they say and it is - try and get out in the sun with your shirt off - you will become darker and it wont show so much and apprently reduces scarring

2) You can buy anti scar pads which you place on new/old scars and it reduces the scarring - quitre expensive but worth it.

3) Moisturisor and after sun can be great to rub in as it relaxes and softens the skin so less scarring occurs as the skin is more 'flexible'.

Obviously age comes in - the younger you are the more of a chance of it fading away with time - obviously these arent proven ways of getting rid of the scar full out but have all been suggested to me by surgeons over the las few years and i have found all to be of help

Take care

Offline SC GameCOCKS

• Gold Member
  • Unsuccessful Lipo...Excision Revision..still Puffy
I am in the same boat as you...2 surgeries later still have scar tissue and puffiness. Im thinking about the cortisone injections as well, and my PS was very negitive about them as well. This def sucks for us man....I dunno what to do now either. Im moving to SC soon too so I need to be able to go shirtless.  ::)
8 years of suffering Mild gyne...
2 surgeries & $6,000 later....
         STILL PUFFY   :/

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
Hey, ive had three operations now - first and second to remove gyne the third to try and fix the scarring, i went to my surgeon after a few months and said that i wasnt too happy with it - he was kind enough to have a go however this isnt always so easy so suggestions below which have been passed on to myself...

1) - The Sun is a great healer as they say and it is - try and get out in the sun with your shirt off - you will become darker and it wont show so much and apprently reduces scarring

2) You can buy anti scar pads which you place on new/old scars and it reduces the scarring - quitre expensive but worth it.

3) Moisturisor and after sun can be great to rub in as it relaxes and softens the skin so less scarring occurs as the skin is more 'flexible'.

Obviously age comes in - the younger you are the more of a chance of it fading away with time - obviously these arent proven ways of getting rid of the scar full out but have all been suggested to me by surgeons over the las few years and i have found all to be of help

Take care

thanks for the feedback champ.

I was however under the impression that the sun is bad for the surface scars and causes pigmentation problems and interferes with the scars natural fading... ??

As far as deep tissue internal scarring, thats the main thing causing all the probs and the main thing I need to take care of.

by the way. I am 14 weeks post-op and have been using silicon sheets and massaging with coca butter+e for the last 10 weeks.

cheers mate.
Tony

ps: SC, yep were in the same boat brother... almost identical situations. I definitely can not mentally,physically, emotionally or financially (though thats the least concerning factor) go through a third surgery. I need to have cort. shots and I need them to work, otherwise Im fukkd again.

keep me posted re: your follow-ups and your progress. pics would be great too if you have..
pm me at any stage if you need/want to.

take it easy man..

Offline antsg2002

• Posting Member
Guess that could be right about the sun - not too concerned as this is the UK im talking about lol, the chance of sun is almost as likely as my scars dissapearing over night  :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024