Author Topic: insurence  (Read 3848 times)

Offline tits

hey guys,
ive had what i believe to be gyno since i was about 10 years old.  im going to go to the doctor in about two weeks and complain about the pain im having in my chest (behind nipples).   will insurence cover gyno surgery? thanks guys,

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
They cover pain, but not gynecomastia. If you have pain you have a much better chance of having surgery. You should also be looking into the cause. Pain often means growth and if it is growing it could come back.

Merle
Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

Offline tits

merle, thanks for the reply.  do you mean even after the gland is removed it could come back?  is it in fact a gland?

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
i'm pretty sure humana PPO covers the procedure

Drummer

i'm pretty sure humana PPO covers the procedure

That's the insurance I have.  Are you sure?  Do you know anybody Humana has covered for gyne surgery?

Offline boomheadshot

• Posting Member
If your insurance won't cover your surgery because it's labeled as "cosmetic" then maybe try having a psychologist telling them how it's caused you psychological stress and damage.

Honestly, I think it's bs to call a surgery such as this "cosmetic". What if a chick started growing a small penis and wanted it removed? That probly wouldn't be labeled cosmetic...

Offline Hypo-is-here

I wonder what would happen if a man with gynecomastia claimed that his chest was painful even if it wasn't ::)

Not that I am suggesting that anyone with an unhelpful intransigent bottom-line hugging insurance company should consider the above you understand.  I am merely saying it would interesting to find out what would happen in such a scenario ;)

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Not all pain is physical, Emotional pain is just as real. In some cases the emotional pains can be much worse and more lasting. Somehow the Insurance companies need to be made aware of this.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Not all pain is physical, Emotional pain is just as real. In some cases the emotional pains can be much worse and more lasting. Somehow the Insurance companies need to be made aware of this.

Agreed 100% Paw....

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline oldgynodude

• Posting Member
I agree with the emotional pain thing, but I seriously don't see the insurance companies in the U.S. covering this procedure in the near future. It's like being bald, that's pretty traumatic too for many guys, but it's not going to be covered unless it has something to do with disease or illness. I think there's just too many guys with this affliction for the companies to start covering this.

I do however wish this procedure would have been covered by some of the employee benefits plan some companies have. By this I mean, some companies allow their employees to have pre tax deductions from their paycheck in order to fund certain operations.

Offline moobius

• Gold Member

That's the insurance I have.  Are you sure?  Do you know anybody Humana has covered for gyne surgery?

my internalist diagnosed me with idiopathic gynecomastia... i called the insurance to see if they'd cover surgery and there's a deductible and they cover 90% in network. 70% OON.

Offline damnips

• Posting Member
"I wonder what would happen if a man with gynecomastia claimed that his chest was painful even if it wasn't "

I talked to someone else in another Board and he did this and said he got full coverage minus a deductable.  I think it would work-though dishonest- oh and insurance companies dont give a fuc* about emotional pain.  Although this is really the only problem in my life that actually causes emotional pain.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
If you lied, but got caught, think about the possible result.

Your insurance would be cancelled and you might (as a person known to make fraudulent medical claims) be uninsurable in the future.

I know of a company who fired a man who had 18 years with the company and a good work record. They fired him because, after all the years, they found that he had lied on his original application for employment. He had lied to cover up a Felony conviction that happened when he was 18 years old. The youthful indiscretion that led to the conviction would have been overlooked if he had been honest.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024