Author Topic: Hormones and Gyne  (Read 1901 times)

Offline HormoneGuy26

• Posting Member
Hey everyone, this is my first post on this web-site.  So far, it has been a big help.  I am a 20 year old male and about 2 years ago, I was diagnosed with hypopituitarism.  I was tall around age 5 or 6, but then I dropped into the 20-30 percentiles. In high school, I was 5'7 heading into my junior year and I graduated at a height of 5'7. Something was wrong, especially when my dad is 6'2 and my mom is 5'8.  I am now 5'8 and have grown an inch in 2 years since beginning Humatrope (HGH).  I was also diagnosed with hypothyroidism about 18 months ago.  I am convinced I have low testosterone as well because my voice has yet to settle on a deep tone and I still look like I'm 17-18 years old. My facial hair and sideburns are taking forever to get thick.

Anyway, my endo checked my body out and noticed I was in the beginning stages of gynecomastia and all along I just thought it was fat. My arms and legs are thin, maybe need some definition, but my anterior body looks fat with some breast fat and a gut.  I've read that these are signs of low testosterone, but my doctor wants me to grow every inch I can before I start treatment, if I do need it, since testosterone causes growth plate fusion.  I know I can work off the belly fat with situps, but because my chest is not that bad (no flabbiness, just fat around the nipples and slight protrusion), is it possible to lose all of the breast fat with exercising and a chest incline press? If not all of the gyne is lost, does working out your chest and running make a big difference so that it appears you are built and toned?

Also, does anyone here take testosterone replacement drugs to get rid of this problem and does it work?

Thanks.

Offline Puff_daddy

• Bronze Member
i wish the doctor would treat me with TRT( test replacement therapy) i asked my endo once and all he did was order another blood test! He says im too young and dont need it. but test is soooo good. a bodybuilder asking an endo for hormone replacement treatment at 20.....i lose. good luck to you.
Ripped With NIPS

Offline usernameX

• Gold Member
In any situation, no matter how bad your gyno is, working out and getting muscular and toned should always be a consideration. You may not lose your breasts, but you will look at feel alot better about yourself. I went on an excersise and diet regimen, lost about 30 pounds or so and though my gyno didnt go away, it did look alot better and I felt much more confident about myself whether I had it or not. In terms of test replacement, I wouldnt go for it.

Theoretically, gyno is caused by an imbalance of testosterone and estrogen, so it should work out that if you take testosterone, your gyno would go away. But thats not how it works. If it did, you wouldnt see people on this forum spending sometimes 5-6 grand on breast reduction surgery.

First work on getting lean and fit. That should always be the first option.  No point in getting the surgery if you dont already look and feel good about yourself. The only problem you should have with your body, is your gyno. Thats when you know when to get the operation.
Had surgery with Dr. J.C. Fielding on August 2nd.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
At the age of 27, My nickname was Babyface.

I had frequent Migrane headaches until I was 35. When my voice finally changed also.

At  the age of 50, when I had a broken arm due to a bad fall, The Radiologist said I had the bone growth of a 17 year old.

Some of us are kind of mixed up in the way we grow, but that is something you need to trust your Endocrinologist about. Taking medications that have the potential for altering your reproductive physiology is Not a do-it-yourself job.

At 69, My hands and feet are still small and narrow for a man. I have to shop for shoes in the women's department. Fortunately, They do have loafers and work shoes that are devoid of trim etc.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024