Author Topic: Tissue removal question please help!!!  (Read 1727 times)

Offline Exhaustedoptimist

Hello all this is my first post on this name I forgot my last name and info. I spent 16 years of my life now (30 years old) thinking I could burn this off and just about 3 years ago I find out what this was. Very exhausted I feel pretty beaten actually that I couldn't change something through working out.  

I have visited 3 surgeons so far and each of them left me with a very odd feeling. The first guy was a butcher from his shots and was quick to say $5000 "with excision" very unprofessional and even used profanity in front of my wife and I... Perhaps it was his way of breaking the ice?  

On to the next he was more professional he just suggested lyposuction was a pleasent person $5000. (he saw no gland growth or felt anything solid) Although I feel something there its a soft mass but its there.

My endocrinologist says everything is fine (blood tests)but I feel about 1/2 a golf size ball soft tissue and fat on top of that on 1 side of my chest. Also a little on the left side also. I went for the mammogram and everything came up negative. (I'm not crazy) I know its there.

The 3rd is a surgeon in Orlando The surgeon is named Kenrick spence. He suggested just lyposuction but with the option paid up front to excise if he had to ($5500) total. He seemed ok but when I called up asking questions to his assistant who said she was doing this for 24 years and  could answer all my questions was stumped on the first one.

So I'm here asking you all who probably have alot more experience than this person for help.

My question was can lypo remove soft breast tissue at all? (breastplate) Leaving the Areola flush against the pectoral. Or does this need to be excised. I thank you all for reading this I am alone since my wife and family all dont see what I see and they can't relate to what I'm going through.

1 more question how come all these plastic surgeons offices are cluttered with mainly skin treatment materials/ lotions. It doesn't seem like I'm going into a professional enviornment more like an avon convention.

So I have 1 more appointment on the 31st and I think I'm giving up after this one. Since the last doctor didn't even glimpse at the mammogram he just ignored it as if I didn't even bring them.  If a mass doesn't show up on the mammogram does that mean its all soft tissue? So many questions I know , I apologize. Thank you for any help you may give.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 08:05:07 AM by Exhaustedoptimist »

Offline needhelpnow

• Posting Member

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Fix your links first

The links are workin' OK for me.  

I've read on this board, and my doctor confirms, that fat can be removed by liposuction.  Gland, however, can't.  It has to be removed by excision.  He also told me that some tissue has to be left under the areola or it will become concave and look worse than before.  I have no idea about what shows up or doesn't in a mammogram.  Maybe somebody else can help you there.  If you haven't already, then watch the posted video (sticky) at the top of the thread list on this board.  There's some good info there.  
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline Exhaustedoptimist

Thank you for that information, I just fixed the links. So some of the breast plate has to stay but what about the part of it that is somewhat extending a little bit away from the areola about 1" maybe a little more. I can't decifer if it's just fat or solid gland.  Thanks gonna watch the video now, I would like to find out if other people get negative mammograms does that mean most of it can be lypo'd out.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 02:17:35 PM by Exhaustedoptimist »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024