Author Topic: prilosec  (Read 1829 times)

ross12387

i read a lot that prilosec can cause gyne, so i stopped taking it. also i have a suspicion that in contributed to my case. anyone know of a good antacid that i dont have to worry about taking? also when they say it causes gyne what exactly are they talking about? does it cause the gland to grow or does it just cause fatty tissue to build up in that area?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I just looked through some information about possible side effects of Prilosec and found no mention of Gynecomastia.

That does not mean that it is not possible, Just that the writers of the information I read were not aware of it being a side effect.

Because of the nature of the conditions for which it is prescribed, you should consult your doctor right away if you have, or even suspect, any adverse side effect. Presuming that you are on the prescription medication and not the "Over the Counter" version. The Doctor may prescribe an alternative or discontinue the medication but you should decide that together rather than on your own.
Grandpa Dan

ross12387

ya i didnt see it on the side effect list of prilosec either but try lookin up Drugs and Medications that may cause Gynecomastia. its a rather long list i might add. do a quick google on it.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024