Author Topic: Just had consultation with Dr. Hamas...  (Read 3571 times)

Offline rcbrown23

OK guys,

I just got back from my consultation with Dr. Hamas. Just so you know, I went ahead and booked my operation.

On the plus side: He does a sh!tload of these operations. He almost always uses the "sharp cannula" instead of exsicion, and his results turn out great. He did say that every once in awhile a patient will get the horrid scar tissue that seems pretty common on this site. He said that he injects a steroid as SOON as the scar tissue starts, and that usually solves the problem. He also said that he has NEVER had a patient have a re-growth issue. Maybe he's just lucky, or maybe his technique is good at getting all the tissue and thus helping to avoid re-growth. I prefer to think the ladder.

On the negative side, he really didn't get into the technique as much as I was hoping. It seemed like a pretty quick "Here's the problem, here's what I'm going to do to fix it, any questions?"  I am thinking that he thinks this is a fairly simple operation, he does them all the time, they turn out great, and that is that. Sounds good to me, I am having the op done in 30 days (his first opening).

The way he does it is this...he will make two small incisions on each side below the nipple, about where the bottom of the peck is(4 total). They are VERY small incisions and thus will leave minimal to zero scars, especially compared to excision.

My major concerns where him not being able to get all the tissue (mine is very small, but dense as hell), and also I was a little worried about symmetry. He confirmed that he felt totally confident he can, and will, get all the gland with the "sharp" cannula. He says he has many bodybuilders that come to him and thier gland is often very dense. He manages to always get the gland, sometimes it is harder than others, but he gets it. As far as the symmetry, he says it is more of a concern because not all people are perfectly symmetrical. Some of it is out of his hands, but he does what he can and he said that I shouldn't have a problem because of my build (I'm thin/athletic with small percentage of body weight).

He also said that I was a good candidate for this procedure because of my situation. I'm 25, in great health, thin/athletic build with a mild glandular case. I would say that anyone with a relatively close situation as mine will get great results with Dr. Hamas. I did ask him about people with a more serious problem just so I could relay the message on this forum. He said he has done many operations where there where actually "breasts" involved. These cases are difficult because of the excess skin that can be involved. Sometimes they require a touchup or revision a few months down the line.

So, to sum it up...I think he will get the job done to get me more than satisfactory results. Anyone who is thinking about going to him, schedule a consultation and go from there. The consults are free, so it's that easy.

Someone with a mild to almost moderate case, I think he is perfectly capable to do it. As far as someone who is obese, or has a massive case of gyne, in my opinion I would say excision would be nessecary probably through another doctor that does more of these, although he did say he does these cases. This is just the immpression I got from him, so don't rely on this post too much. Feel free to ask me any questions and I'll answer to the best of my ability, but keep in mind I am just another person trying to solve my own problem, I'm no doctor and my advice should not be looked at as professional by ANY means.

Peace                          
                                                               -Brown

Oh yeah...It will cost me $4800, plus $150 for blood work (blood work can be done at your regular doctor if prefered)

One more month of this sh!t and I'm finally done... :P

Offline I-Hate-Gyno

• Bronze Member
  • I am getting PEC's one day
        Sounds like good news dude. I like the idea of the free consult, because I have to drive three hours : to get to Dallas :(. Good luck rcbrown23.

ps, Be sure if you are willing to post some before and after pic ;).
               I-H-G
$1000 saved
$4500 needed for "freedom!"(vaio mb.).

Offline rcbrown23

I will post before and afters pictures after my op.

The consult is free...but not if you get a $145 speeding ticket on the way there, like I did. ;D

Here is a link I found on this site from a previous Hamas patient.

http://www.gynecomastia.org/cgi-bin/gyne_yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=11;action=display;num=1084165604

Also read the link he puts on there as to the "rest of his story", there's a few more people that went to Hamas and they tell there story.

Peace
« Last Edit: March 14, 2005, 03:24:16 PM by rcbrown23 »

Offline I-Hate-Gyno

• Bronze Member
  • I am getting PEC's one day
    Thanks bro, very helpful info of some past work by Dr.Hamas, but I wish my case was that simple. When I learn how to post some pictures then I would like everyone to grade my case. ;)

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
maybe he's got something there with that 'sharp cannula' he uses. Maybe he should teach it to other ps's at next years gynecomastia conference in Vegas. If it's really worth a damn, i think the other ps's could really benefit from his expertise.  Good luck Brown. I'm sure it'll turn out great.

Offline bennyha

• Posting Member
Did he say anything about how much "down" time you would have? I was just wondering cuz I love to work out and was wondering how long before I could get back to working out. Also, how did the pictures look of other patients?? Did the after pictures of some of his other patients have visible scars or not?? I think my case is similar to yours as I have very little bodyfat and an athletic build. Buut I think I have a lot of glandular tissue where as it sounds like you have little. I can't wait to get this done. I have the money and everything I am just waiting for my mri results to get back. Oh yeah and one last thing-did he say you needed clearance from and endocrinologist or not? Sorry for all the questions RC but congrats on taking a big step forward and good luck with everything.

P.S. How long did it take you to meet with Dr. Hamas after you called for your consultation? I am just curious because I hope to be setting up a consultation in a few days and was wondering how long it would take for me to meet with him. Thanks again.

Offline rcbrown23

"Bennyha"

1. Back to school/work in a couple of days (2). Vest for two weeks, 24/7, then two more weeks at nighttime. Start light workouts then (4 weeks, give or take) and gradually continue. He said by week six I'll be seeing 95% of the results. Still a little swelling and soreness, but that will go away over the next couple of months. I'd say week six and your back at routine, without the manboobs.

2. I did not get a chance to see other pictures, the computers were down. I will check them out when I go back for blood work on the 1st, for sure.

3. From what it sounds like, if you have an athletic build and little bodyfat, you would be a good candidate. I don't know how much "a lot of gland" is, but I would say that if you think your skin would go back where it should be if the gland was gone (without excess flabs), then you'd be a good candidate.

4. Did not mention anything about an endocrinologist. Not nessecary.

5. After I called it was three weeks. I'd say call now just to schedule an appointment, you can always cancel later. Then I sheduled the operation for four weeks after the consult. I do know the next opening after mine was 7 weeks later. He said usually between 4-6 weeks. Payment is due two weeks prior.

Spring is coming and you know good PS's will get busy soon. Call now to make an appointment and go from there. If you don't, you won't get in before June or so and summer will be gone.

Peace                                -Brown

"jc"...Yeah, he seems very confident with his technique. I don't know why others haven't caught on, but thanks for the support.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2005, 11:28:22 AM by rcbrown23 »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
What exactly is a 'Cannula'?

Does Dr. Hamas have a Website that I could read up on his 'Sharp Cannula' technique?

TIA

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline rcbrown23

http://www.yourlooks.com/breast_reduction_men.html

His website is not very helpful, though.

A cannula is a small, metal, straw like thing. It's a thin metal tube that works as a vaccuum. The normal cannula is discouraged on gland because it has a blunt edge and can not break the gland up.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024