Author Topic: stuck  (Read 2039 times)

Offline ironman2005

• Posting Member
Hey everyone,
  I have been a member of this discussion board for a while now and I have already undergone two surgeries. Although the results of my surgery are so much better than my gyne before my first surgery I am still not satisfied. I have a muscular tone which hides the gyne a little better than most people but my problem is not my gynecomastia, it is my nipples. I don't have hardly any tissue left under my nipple but my nipple is still kind of large, or atleast larger than I like. I have posted pics on this site before and everyone said that I looked good. But I just can't see it. My surgeon and all of the nurses and even my family say that I have nothing to worry about. I still want to go in for another revision but I know that there isn't much more that the surgeon can do. My gyne is pretty much gone but i still have puffy nips. Can anyone help?

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Help in what way?  Are you just wanting someone to agree with you that you have puffy nips?  Just post another picture and you'll probably get a one or more replies that agree with you.

I don't mean to come across like a smartass, but I'm trying to make a point.  In a few cases some men will believe they have problems that others don't see.  If that describes you, then it may be time to start accepting yourself as you are.  The alternative is to keep worrying about it and finally have another surgery that may not completely satisfy you.  
« Last Edit: November 11, 2006, 02:24:56 PM by Mr_Nip »
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
OK, I just now searched your previous posts and looked at your pictures.  I understand what you're talking about but if I were in your shoes I would just get on with my life.  Nobody has a perfect chest, feet, eyes, teeth, or (name your body part).  Even if you were to finally think it's perfect, somebody else would find fault in it.  Michael Jackson probably said the same things about his face... Now look at him.  Please do yourself a favor and get over this.   ;)

Then again, I'm sure there are lots of surgeons who would be happy to operate...
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 01:51:51 PM by Mr_Nip »

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
i can see what you're talking about.  the problem is the surgeon has an interest in talking you out of it.  this is where i think paying a second surgeon a consultation fee for a hopefully more objective opinion for reference would be worth it.  there is also the risk that the first surgeon, especially if he/she is a generalist, thinks his/her job ends at sticking a cannula around or cutting something out and sewing you back up.  

finding somebody who gets the concept is not always easy, and a good reason for doing your initial researches well and sounding them out on how they will be at followup after an op.  
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024