Author Topic: This may be a stupid question...  (Read 2364 times)

Offline APerson

• Posting Member
I have a fairly mild case of Gyno on only my left side. I took pictures of myself and found something odd. In the pictures the gyne is extremely apparant, my left breast is noticably bigger. In the mirror however, the Gyne is boderline un-noticable. It would be extremely difficult for me to notice it without looking for it (in fact I hadn't noticed it for years till I looked for it after viewing the pictures). What I'm wondering is, what is more representative of what people actually see? The image in the mirror or the pictures?

Thanks for any help.

Offline wolfman

• keep fighting my friends
The only stupid question is the one people dont ask. (its a swedish saying)

if u have a pimple in your face it looks enormous in the mirror but if a person looked at u he/she would probbibly not see it.

if we see somthing in the mirror we dont like about our selfs we make it a bigger problem than it realy is. for u your boobs looks enormous but if someone els looked at u maby the dont see any boobs at all

MVH Henke
i finally feel like im a man

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
First, there's no such thing as a stupid question on these boards.   ;)

Second, there IS such thing as a stupid answer, so I'll try to avoid that.   ;D

When you look at the mirror you're seeing a reverse image of yourself.  Your body, face included, is different on each side.  Your right looks different from your left.  You are used to seeing yourself that way in the mirror so that distorted image is what you consider normal for yourself.  In a photo, you see the undistorted image of yourself that everyone else sees.  You're looking at yourself through the eye of others.   If others were to see you through your eyes in the mirror, then they would think what you call "normal" is indeed odd.   If you don't believe me, then look at a photo of somebody's face and cover up one side... What you see will look totally different, maybe even with a different apparent emotion, than what you see when covering up the other side.   This is something I actually have education and experience in from my years in college as a broadcasting major, followed by work shooting and editing video for TV commercials for a couple of years afterward.  

To sum this up, just because your right side looks a little different from your left in a photo doesn't necessarily mean you have something wrong.  It doesn't mean anything, really.   If you want to post your pictures here you'll get various individual opinions on what we see, and that may give you a better idea of what percentage of people out there really see something odd as opposed to nothing.

MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline flex1appeal

Don't ask a bodybuilder a question like this....lol. So here is his answer: Never judge what you see in the mirror. A picture is more representative of the actual image. That is a fact. Just like using a tape measure is more representative than a scale would be.

flex

Offline APerson

• Posting Member
Heres a link to the pictures:

http://s128.photobucket.com/albums/p168/Aperson123_2006/?sc=1&addtype=local

Can you tell me if you see anything? They're pretty low quality cause of my cam :( .

Offline wolfman

• keep fighting my friends

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Heres a link to the pictures:

http://s128.photobucket.com/albums/p168/Aperson123_2006/?sc=1&addtype=local

Can you tell me if you see anything? They're pretty low quality cause of my cam :( .

That link requires a password.  If you look under the pictures in photobucket, you'll see a variety of codes/urls that you can copy and paste.  If you copy the one that has "img" at the beginning and end you can paste it directly in your post and we can see it.

Offline APerson

• Posting Member

Offline flex1appeal

Pictures are a bit dark but from what I can tell, your left side does indeed look like you may have a mild case of gyno. Definately can see a difference between each side as your right appears more normal. It doesn't look terribly bad on the left mind you. It's very mild I'd say. But it probably would drive me a little nuts too having asymmetrical sides. Maybe you can consult a GP and if necessary, have the GP refer you to an endocrinologist to make sure your hormones are in check. That's the first step. Want to prevent any possible further growth. Iff, after you do this and you feel the need to have it corrected, you may look into seeing a PS for a consultation.

flex

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024