Author Topic: surgery..  (Read 2160 times)

Offline thatguy

• Bronze Member
-very nervous about the surgery...never gone under the knife before nor any anesthesia. Does anyone know how often something goes wrong during the surgery, (and after with clots and infections)
-I don't have a serious case and this board is starting make me nervous also because it seems a good amount of people don't like there results..do more people just post the bad or am i just taking my chances here...

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
...this board is starting make me nervous also because it seems a good amount of people don't like there results..do more people just post the bad or am i just taking my chances here...

Too many people expect too much from their surgery.  Gyne surgery is effective at getting rid of the fat and gland tissue of gyne and making your chest and nipples look more NORMAL.  There is a significant healing time in which you can expect long term swelling.  Sometimes a revision surgery is necessary to fine tune the results after the healing of the first surgery settles.  This is the reality of it.  If you're expecting to look in the mirror at 4 weeks post op and see one of Madonna's shirtless dancers staring back at you, then you're in for a rude awakening.   ;)
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline wolfman

• keep fighting my friends
Hey Mr_nip, well said, u have a very good point.
i finally feel like im a man

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Everybody's different.  My gyne was severe so the swelling wasn't as big as my gyne was, but it did look odd compared to the new shape of my chest.  My surgery was three months ago and my swelling is ALMOST gone.  If your gyne isn't severe, then the swelling can indeed temporarily make your chest look larger than before the surgery. 

Before some of you jump in and say, "But I didn't have any swelling, Mr. Nip, so you're wrong!", remember I said, "Everybody's different".  ;)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
If you're expecting to look in the mirror at 4 weeks post op and see one of Madonna's shirtless dancers staring back at you, then you're in for a rude awakening.   ;)

;D :P ;D

John
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Everybody's different.  My gyne was severe so the swelling wasn't as big as my gyne was, but it did look odd compared to the new shape of my chest.  My surgery was three months ago and my swelling is ALMOST gone.  If your gyne isn't severe, then the swelling can indeed temporarily make your chest look larger than before the surgery.

All of the swelling that I had was gone by the second week.

You are so right there Mr_Nip. Everyone is different and we all heal at different rates. The Docs say give it a year for full recovery. Therefore, me must wait... Sure, recovery/healing can be depressing at times and messes with our emotions, but one of the reasons why this board is here, is for others (who have bin-der-dun-dat) to listen to those fresh of the table and to give emotional support when needed.

john
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 12:37:03 PM by Grandpa Bambu »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024